And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

What's 3 months between muckers Eh :whistle:

Big Phil may be a good international manager but his club record is pretty rubbish, bit like Hodgson.........
Maybe I should've googled first 😃 They were just international renowned managers that came to mind.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
But done nothing of note as a club manager ?

Not sure how you can compare Scolari to any club manager

Whilst I don't think he's as good as mourinho, fergie or pep.
He's won close to 20 clubs trophies as well as a World Cup.

Granted not in Europe which is apparently the only barometer for some. But I certainly wouldn't write his credentials off.

D

Deleted member 16999

What pedigree ? Scolari took over a Chelsea team full of stars and had financial backing yet failed horribly

Klopp won two titles with an unfancied team in a league normally dominated by one team with the most financial muscle.

You cant call Klopp unproven yet suggest Scolari who has done nothing of note in European Club football has pedigree ?!?!

So ok, scolari was a bad choice, you care to justify how Klopp would of won the PL with Arsenal.

D

Deleted member 1740

Whilst I don't think he's as good as mourinho, fergie or pep.
He's won close to 20 clubs trophies as well as a World Cup.

Granted not in Europe which is apparently the only barometer for some. But I certainly wouldn't write his credentials off.

Yeah but he hasn't done it with San Marino though :whistle:

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Exactly, you want him to do something that never has been done, ( well, apart from Benitez whose currently the only manager to put his neck on the block,) just to prove how good of a manager he is? His record speaks for itself.

On your other snide dig about City spending over £1bn, how else would you have expect City or anybody else outside of the top 4 for that matter to achieve what they have to date?

You're very bitter towards clubs who have had a helping hand.

Actually I'm not Stuart or should I say I never used to bother me.

It's certain people on here that keep banging on about lack of trophies and taking shots at Wenger that I find myself having to constantly go over the same ground. There can be no denying that Wenger would have won more titles if it wasn't for those clubs that got a helping hand as you put it. But that's life and I can accept that and move on until the next time someone (usual suspects) criticises Wenger for not winning enough.

I was hoping that by posting what King Kenny had written the penny might have dropped. Someone who once fell out with Wenger big time is gracious enough now to write a piece acknowledging Wengers achievements.

And for the record there is no way Klopp , Pep, Guardiola would have won more at Arsenal over the same transition period with the same budget. Absolutely no chance IMO.

D

Deleted member 1740

On a side note mate, thought what the council did today for the 96 and the 4 others was superb.

I'm not too sure with it all if I'm being honest.

There's many many more people who deserve recognition for their efforts.

D

Deleted member 16999

I'm not too sure with it all if I'm being honest.

There's many many more people who deserve recognition for their efforts.

Hopefully in time they'll be recognised to, good start though. Highest honour a City can give.

D

Deleted member 1740

Actually I'm not Stuart or should I say I never used to bother me.

It's certain people on here that keep banging on about lack of trophies and taking shots at Wenger that I find myself having to constantly go over the same ground. There can be no denying that Wenger would have won more titles if it wasn't for those clubs that got a helping hand as you put it. But that's life and I can accept that and move on until the next time someone (usual suspects) criticises Wenger for not winning enough.

I was hoping that by posting what King Kenny had written the penny might have dropped. Someone who once fell out with Wenger big time is gracious enough now to write a piece acknowledging Wengers achievements.

And for the record there is no way Klopp , Pep, Guardiola would have won more at Arsenal over the same transition period with the same budget. Absolutely no chance IMO.

Haha are you for real?? How can you even think that never mind print it?

I've read the link and even though it's 2yrs out of date I don't agree with him but like me, you, Phil etc Kenny is entitled to his opinion. I will not change my mind or view on wenger just because Kenny says he's great.

Same budget?? He's spent millions over the last 6 years and you're banging on like he's had to take free transfers and sell to buy. He keeps telling all you Arsenal fans that there's money there to be spent, which one is it?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haha are you for real?? How can you even think that never mind print it?

I've read the link and even though it's 2yrs out of date I don't agree with him but like me, you, Phil etc Kenny is entitled to his opinion. I will not change my mind or view on wenger just because Kenny says he's great.

Same budget?? He's spent millions over the last 6 years and you're banging on like he's had to take free transfers and sell to buy. He keeps telling all you Arsenal fans that there's money there to be spent, which one is it?

YES i absolutely believe that, take a look at the league tables over the past 12 years, remove City and Chelsea from them and tell me where Arsenal would have finished.

Arsenal had money but it's all relative isn't it? We haven't Spent £900M like City have under Pellegrini and Mancini before him. So yes the same budget, which was higher than some admittedly during the stadium move but crucially, less than the teams that finished above us. I'm not just talking signing on fees and not being able to recruit the players. I am also talking about the players that defected due to the lure of obscene wages.

You are making out that money doesn't have a part to play, that is just plain wrong. You will find out yourself when Klopp gets agonisingly close a few times but not close enough.

D

Deleted member 1740

YES i absolutely believe that, take a look at the league tables over the past 12 years, remove City and Chelsea from them and tell me where Arsenal would have finished.
If My mam had bollox she'd have been my dad :rofl:

Back in the real world.....

Next you'd be telling me if Lehman hadn't have been sent off you'd have won the CL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Arsenal had money but it's all relative isn't it? We haven't Spent £900M like City have under Pellegrini and Mancini before him. So yes the same budget, which was higher than some admittedly during the stadium move but crucially, less than the teams that finished above us. I'm not just talking signing on fees and not being able to recruit the players. I am also talking about the players that defected due to the lure of obscene wages.
it wasn't a level playing field to begin with so there was never any other way for City to progress as much as they have in such a short space of time. You keeping harping on about Chelsea and City, let it go it's the way football is these days. I don't like it but It is what it is

You are making out that money doesn't have a part to play, that is just plain wrong.
I am not, your posts about Chelsea and city especially come across very bitter
You will find out yourself when Klopp gets agonisingly close a few times but not close enough.

According to a few on here we'll be fighting it out for 6th if we're lucky so I won't know about going close.

D

Deleted member 15344

You are making out that money doesn't have a part to play, that is just plain wrong. You will find out yourself when Klopp gets agonisingly close a few times but not close enough.

Stop using money as an excuse - Leicester have shown that you can't continuely fall back on that excuse

Arsenal since 11 have spent £340 mill on players ! And players like Van Persie didn't leave because of wages - they left because they wanted to win titles. Why have you not included Man Utd when you want to remove title winners ?

Does money play a part ? Yes it does - it will help buy the better players but the last season showed that have the better players doesn't automatically mean you will win the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.