And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Everton may not have played the top teams yet but you can only beat what's in front of you and they've done that. Winning builds confidence, it allows the new players to bed in and it sets us up for the tougher matches to come. It's not just that we've won but how we've won. Happy days at Goodison 

Very true, Leicester were told a number of times last season that they hadn't played anyone good yet.

Great debut from Slimani yesterday, not just his goals, but his strength and running off the ball.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I watched MotD this morning and I have to say it was a pleasure to watch Man City. Bournemouth may well have allowed them too much space but even so you have to admire how City used it. De Bruyne in particular is elegance in motion. He looks the sort of player who doesn't leave an imprint in the grass as he glides over the pitch.

Were Chelsea fans okay when he left or did they think it was too early to let him go? Was it the error it looks now or could you not see the development that has happened coming?

I don't buy into the claim that City will walk the title, it's a long way to go, form can fade, injuries happen etc but they are very easy on the eye.

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I watched MotD this morning and I have to say it was a pleasure to watch Man City. Bournemouth may well have allowed them too much space but even so you have to admire how City used it. De Bruyne in particular is elegance in motion. He looks the sort of player who doesn't leave an imprint in the grass as he glides over the pitch.

Were Chelsea fans okay when he left or did they think it was too early to let him go? Was it the error it looks now or could you not see the development that has happened coming?

I don't buy into the claim that City will walk the title, it's a long way to go, form can fade, injuries happen etc but they are very easy on the eye.

This one wasn't. For all of Mourinho's good points, he simply refused to trust youth, and we've suffered as a consequence in my opinion. It would be interesting to see how we would do with someone like Wenger, who will play young players, when you look at the success of our youth teams over recent years.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The only difference being people and supporters everywhere will continue to talk about Sir Alex but I have a feeling the Wenger will only be talked about by gooners.

Even then most level headed Gooners would admit Ferguson was in a different league to Wenger.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Bloody good, the best infact.

I will say the same about Wenger when he's gone as well.

Edited that for you, some people outstay their welcome, SAF nearly did, well in fact he actually did but got a squeeze and still succeeded when he should have failed, whereas the same can't be said of Wenger, he'll go down with the sinking ship :smirk:

Watford must have looked at those first fixtures and worried, whereas now those 6 points against the not so happy hammers (away) and now manure at home will sit very nicely with them, will they be the rogue team this season to split the pack? they've been sniffing and played some good football over the last few seasons, is this the season they'll make a little move forward into the top 10 or better?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Even then most level headed Gooners would admit Ferguson was in a different league to Wenger.

You'd think so wouldn't you.......

If wenger had retired a decade ago then I imagine it could have had an awful effect. But whoever new comes in now simply has to get foIrth. Hardly a legacy to be lost such as utds seems to be

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Edited that for you, some people outstay their welcome, SAF nearly did, well in fact he actually did but got a squeeze and still succeeded when he should have failed, whereas the same can't be said of Wenger, he'll go down with the sinking ship :smirk:

Wenger is still welcome by the majority of supporters and its hardly a sinking ship.

Still at least our success (big or small) is real and wasn't just purchased by a billionaire. :thup: And now with City around you cant even guarantee to out spend people like you did.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I never really rated SAF until that last season. How he won the league with that squad. Genius. And it was him, no one else. He dragged them over the line. The worst United squad ever, and he made them win it.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Wenger is still welcome by the majority of supporters and its hardly a sinking ship.

Still at least our success (big or small) is real and wasn't just purchased by a billionaire. :thup: And now with City around you cant even guarantee to out spend people like you did.

:blah: :blah: Change the record will you. Regardless of who paid how much for which player, the results are achieved by the players on the field.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Arsenal's net spending in the last 5 seasons is the 6th highest in the Prem. Using your logic, their position in the league was bought and isn't real.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.