And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Why is it a strange one? Coquelin would easily fetch £35M So would Cazorla, Ozil et al.

Xhaka was bought to strengthen the squad not the starting eleven.

And money does not represent a players quality anyway especially in this age of inflated prices.

Coquelin worth £35mil ?!? Seriously ?

Since when did Arsenal start spending £35mil on a squad player ?

It seems Wenger isn't starting him yet until he gets ready for the pace of the Prem.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...as-34m-midfielder-is-benched-vs-a3347431.html

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
D

Deleted member 1740

Why is it a strange one? Coquelin would easily fetch £35M So would Cazorla, Ozil et al.

And money does not represent a players quality anyway especially in this age of inflated prices.

Have you been on them funny pills again? Coquelin would fetch £35m??:rofl:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

WOW WOW WOW.

Those are some blinkers.

Ozil would I agree.
The other two would barely fetch 35m between em!

D

Deleted member 15344

I can think of other players signed for £35M that weren't/aren't worth 35p

A players value is as much as someone is willing to pay.

Take Pogba as an example

Yes some players do go for more than they are worth but it's normally for a reason

They score goals , they create goals , they play international football - three things that Coquelin doesn't do - he is a bit of a nothing player , a decent Prem player who someone would pay £15-20mil for

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
OK it's only Boro (with respect to Boro fans) but Everton under Koeman seem more than revived and heading for second. Clearly, in the same way as it's too early to say Liverpool are title contenders as others have, it's too early to say how well they could do. Certainly the future on Merseyside looks very bright but I think both sides will need to add some depth in January to maintain the form all season. I have to say, I think Europa cup places for both would have to be a minimum, based on what I've seen so far. Whether that's achievable remains to be seen but really enjoying watching both Liverpool and Everton playing on the box this year

D

Deleted member 16999

I'd still take anything 10th and up at this stage, great start to the season which hopefully we can going at least until we play City in a few weeks.
Boring, well controlled second half, much better performance over 90 minutes than monday night.
Still dizzy and there for another week......at least😃

D

Deleted member 1740

I'd still take anything 10th and up at this stage, great start to the season which hopefully we can going at least until we play City in a few weeks.
Boring, well controlled second half, much better performance over 90 minutes than monday night.
Still dizzy and there for another week......at least😃

The league doesn't matter til after 10 games :whistle:

That said, apart from Spurs you've not had to play any decent sides yet and probably would've been expected to beat them teams.

D

Deleted member 16999

Fair enough but we lost to SLand and Soton last season, so that's were I see improvement. Winning breeds confidence😃

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
OK it's only Boro (with respect to Boro fans) but Everton under Koeman seem more than revived and heading for second. Clearly, in the same way as it's too early to say Liverpool are title contenders as others have, it's too early to say how well they could do. Certainly the future on Merseyside looks very bright but I think both sides will need to add some depth in January to maintain the form all season. I have to say, I think Europa cup places for both would have to be a minimum, based on what I've seen so far. Whether that's achievable remains to be seen but really enjoying watching both Liverpool and Everton playing on the box this year

At last a voice of reason (first time you've been accused of that Homer).:)

I watched the match last night in the boozer, so not the best place for judging tactics etc. Ive just watched the first half again, and whilst "live" felt we were fantastic, when watching it retrospectively we were very good, and 2-0 at Chelsea is still no mean feat, but not as impressive as I remember.

Yes, its not the Chelsea of the last 10 years, but any team going to Stamford bridge will still know its a tough place to get 3 points from, like Anfield, Highbury, Old Trafford is (despite varying lack of success over recent seasons). The crowd demand that at least a fight is put up. Chelsea didnt though, and possibly started on the back foot (whether manager-inspired tactics or, we just played great, we'll never know).

Chelsea do look like they have lost a lot of pace in the side, and only Hazard I would say has great pace (Willian has some, same with Kante). The substitutions were too late.

We did "wobble" and we need to learn to keep the ball better, if that happens, and I also thought we were too passive when we did get in good positions in the 2nd half.

We "can" win the league, as also "can" 7 other teams, but I doubt we will.

One thing I will say though, I think we will be the most entertained fans this season.We will be pulling our hair out at times, but unless we get a new keeper (or start playing Karius), and a new left back (although Milner is doing a great job so far) the league will still be a way off.

I think City, United will be in the top 2/3. One of Arsenal/Chelsea will get top 4, but I think we will be the other.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I dont buy into this "1 place better than last season is progress", malarkey.

If the team have underperformed in the previous season, I dont think thats progress.

Chelsea finish champions, then tenth, so is 9th really progress with the squad that they have? They should still be aiming at 3rd or fourth.

Everton were mis-managed last season, so should 1 place higher be seen as acceptable?

It also depends on what others do around you, but was West Ham's a freak season, Leicester too?

I think in the middle of the table, 3-4 places higher for good teams should be seen as progress. OK up the top is a bit harder, but one place higher for Chelsea and Everton - sorry should be expecting more.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

do you actually read what you post lol or do you just write stuff that fits what Wenger is currently doing?

cant see anyone paying more than £20m for coquelin (and would be over priced at that), as for buying a £35m midfielder as a squad player ROFL would be the worst use of £35m ever

Ill have a large one of what youre drinking and a pair of the tinted glasses plse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.