And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hahaha are you for real with that comment?

We never weakened as the game went on, we were away from home against a side with very good players in it, no team goes away from home to Chelsea, Arsenal,Yernited,city,Spurs etc and dominates from the 1st whistle to the last. It does not happen.

The burnley game was IMO a freak result, the 2goals came from 2 very poor individual mistakes and we got punished. Created loads of chances and never took them. It happens to every side, you just have to accept it and move on.

I don't know how we're expected to play, but at the minute it's working.

I'm not suggesting that you are meant to go to those grounds and dominate the whole game. That's not my point at all.

I'm suggesting that Klopp places a lot of emphasis on pressing, running, closing down, etc When you do this you over run teams and get a lot of success.

My theory is that as the game goes on it becomes less effective and allows the opponents to come back into the game.

Not saying it's right or wrong but just how it looks to me.

It's perhaps no coincidence that the team to beat Liverpool was Burnley. No disrespect to them but their biggest chance of getting something from the game was to work as hard as Liverpool.

D

Deleted member 1740

Let's be honest, I hope LPool implode and get relegated, but is that post a wind up, surely your opening sentence says more about those 3 teams than LPool.

Putting them at fault for dominating teams away from home for only 60 minutes.

More to the point, why do they look at the Burnley game as a freak result, maybe that's the real LPool, recent seasons have shown they can get results against the big teams and fail to show up for the lesser teams.

If only we could play the big teams and Everton -guaranteed 6points - we'd definitely win the league :whoo: :rofl:

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm not suggesting that you are meant to go to those grounds and dominate the whole game. That's not my point at all.

I'm suggesting that Klopp places a lot of emphasis on pressing, running, closing down, etc When you do this you over run teams and get a lot of success.

My theory is that as the game goes on it becomes less effective and allows the opponents to come back into the game.

Not saying it's right or wrong but just how it looks to me.

It's perhaps no coincidence that the team to beat Liverpool was Burnley. No disrespect to them but their biggest chance of getting something from the game was to work as hard as Liverpool.

How many times have you seen Arsenal dominate a game in all areas and lose?

D

Deleted member 16999

If only we could play the big teams and Everton -guaranteed 6points - we'd definitely win the league :whoo: :rofl:

Nice deflection from the "freak" Burnley result, how dare a club like that beat you ;)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
A good win from Liverpool but I wouldn't call them title contenders after just 5 games. :D

At the moment Liverpool are giving teams a lesson in work rate and seem to win the games in the first 45-60 mins through sheer work rate and high intensity. It looks to me like this level though cant be sustained through 90 mins which might explain why teams come back into it a bit after Liverpool have shot their bolt. I might be wrong but that's how it looked last night and when Liverpool played us.

Last season on many occasions Liverpool started a game pressing high up the pitch only to tire later so Klopp changed tactics in other games because it was impossible to keep it going with injuries and players coming back from injury and not being match fit.

I can see Liverpool playing the pressing game for a while yet but once again depending I suspect they will tire later in the season and adapt accordingly.

I thought Liverpool were good for the win last night but I was surprised how bad Chelsea were especially as the new manager would expect a lot more from his big players.

Its early doors but I would be surprised if Liverpool or Chelsea were anywhere near the title and both are playing for top 4 imo.

D

Deleted member 1740

Last season on many occasions Liverpool started a game pressing high up the pitch only to tire later so Klopp changed tactics in other games because it was impossible to keep it going with injuries and players coming back from injury and not being match fit.

I can see Liverpool playing the pressing game for a while yet but once again depending I suspect they will tire later in the season and adapt accordingly.

I thought Liverpool were good for the win last night but I was surprised how bad Chelsea were especially as the new manager would expect a lot more from his big players.

Its early doors but I would be surprised if Liverpool or Chelsea were anywhere near the title and both are playing for top 4 imo.

We are a lot fitter now than this time last season and that's what Klopp needed. Time to work them, unfortunately he was expected to come straight in and turn a struggling side around whilst playing 3 games a week.

3pts in the bag and next week we play hull, yesterdays game has gone now regardless of how good we were or how poor Chelsea were.

D

Deleted member 16999

We are a lot fitter now than this time last season and that's what Klopp needed. Time to work them, unfortunately he was expected to come straight in and turn a struggling side around whilst playing 3 games a week.

3pts in the bag and next week we play hull, yesterdays game has gone now regardless of how good we were or how poor Chelsea were.
What's your strength in depth like Stu? 2 or 3 injuries in the wrong areas would knacker us.

D

Deleted member 15344

What's your strength in depth like Stu? 2 or 3 injuries in the wrong areas would knacker us.

We have back in most areas - but most teams would struggle if they lost a couple in one specific area. CB could be the one issue to worry if Sahko is out of the picture at the moment

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Sorry but the constant suggestions of trolling and winding up just because I think it was a pretty big is poor

Last night the experts on sky were calling it a big win and impressive performance -are they also on the wind up or trolling ?! They highlighted Henderson being impressive and Matip and also Mane

But having an opinion that is differing from you doesn't mean I'm trolling or trying to wind up anyone

I think last night was a pretty big win for us and there was some impressive performances from some players - if you believe you are being wound up by that then the problem is with you

That's the two ex-Liverpool players and the Chelsea hating ex-Arsenal player on the balanced Sky panel was it? :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 16999

We have back in most areas - but most teams would struggle if they lost a couple in one specific area. CB could be the one issue to worry if Sahko is out of the picture at the moment
I'd read Klopp had got rid of 14 players and brought in 6, wondered what the remaining quality was like.
Obviously didn't mean 2 or 3 injuries to the one area, across the board we'd struggle most.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'd read Klopp had got rid of 14 players and brought in 6, wondered what the remaining quality was like.
Obviously didn't mean 2 or 3 injuries to the one area, across the board we'd struggle most.

A lot of the 14 that went were not really involved or going to be - he has a smaller compact squad now which will be ok without Europe

For me I think we need two players - a strong DM and a top quality left back

It's only 5 games so far so IMO it's too early to have any talk about titles or challenges etc but think that City will stroll to the title

But I think the team has enough talent to be challenging for top 4 slot - there is lots of creativity , pace and even though it's been dismissed we have goals in the team.

The big step forward would be the way the CB form a partnership - so far it's been really positive - Matip looks a quality player and on a bosman , Klavan looks a solid back and Lovren improves with every game

Right now I'm enjoying watching the way we play - it's exciting and always look to move forward.

Can only be positive about the start to the season - even more so when you look at the fixtures

D

Deleted member 1740

Wenger buys a £35m midfielder then sit's him on the bench, great tactics :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1740

if he cant dislodge coquelin from the team then he must have bought one helluva dud, that or coquelin really does have the intel on wenger lol

It's a strange one, if your paying £35m for a player you'd expect him to be in the starting line up.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a strange one, if your paying £35m for a player you'd expect him to be in the starting line up.

Why is it a strange one? Coquelin would easily fetch £35M So would Cazorla, Ozil et al.

Xhaka was bought to strengthen the squad not the starting eleven.

And money does not represent a players quality anyway especially in this age of inflated prices.

D

Deleted member 16999

And money does not represent a players quality anyway especially in this age of inflated prices.

Totally agree.....

60 Grand 60 Grand Seamus Coleman,
60 Grand 60 Grand I say,
60 Grand 60 Grand Seamus Coleman,
Playing football the Everton way.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.