And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Of course we are, we haven't got a manager bluffing his way through games :rofl:

Klopp has also had a pre season with the players and they look a lot fitter than this time last season.

The league doesn't matter til after 10games or Xmas (depending on were we are at that time ;) )
That's better mate, the small print is all that matters, can't blame you for getting carried away. Nice to see you've woke up with red stinted specs on the bedside table. ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

That's better mate, the small print is all that matters, can't blame you for getting carried away. Nice to see you've woke up with red stinted specs on the bedside table. ;)

I sleep in them :rofl:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Chelsea were gifted that goal and I can't remember them having another clear chance. Only a great save from Courtois stopped us from " closing it out as a good team should". I'd say we closed the game out rather professionally but then that's only my opinion not a fact.

Different second half than the one I saw. Chelsea had some decent periods of pressure and Liverpool were lucky to hang on.

D

Deleted member 1740

Different second half than the one I saw. Chelsea had some decent periods of pressure and Liverpool were lucky to hang on.

Chelsea saw much more of the ball I agree but they never done anything with it or made Mignolet work.

Not many teams go away to Chelsea and dominate for as long as we did. Usually they have 10/15 mins per half but it was the opposite last night. We controlled the game for much of that game last night IMO.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Chelsea saw much more of the ball I agree but they never done anything with it or made Mignolet work.

Not many teams go away to Chelsea and dominate for as long as we did. Usually they have 10/15 mins per half but it was the opposite last night. We controlled the game for much of that game last night IMO.

Unfortunately I agree.
Chelsea never got going in the 1st half,bettter 2nd half but still not great.
Struggled to get Costa into the game & Hazard was average by his standards.

Ivanovic had a shocker & behaved like a knob on a couple of occasions.
I still dont think Cahill is good enough.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
A good win from Liverpool but I wouldn't call them title contenders after just 5 games. :D

At the moment Liverpool are giving teams a lesson in work rate and seem to win the games in the first 45-60 mins through sheer work rate and high intensity. It looks to me like this level though cant be sustained through 90 mins which might explain why teams come back into it a bit after Liverpool have shot their bolt. I might be wrong but that's how it looked last night and when Liverpool played us.

D

Deleted member 15344

That'll be the post that you haven't requoted then……….. :rolleyes:

Sour grapes? You couldn't make it up. :rofl: We got exactly what we deserved out of that performance, but we are nowhere near favourites for the title, we still have too much of last season's dead wood. I'd like to know who has supposedly made us favourites for the title, but we are nowhere near that and hanging your hat on that performance as a pretty big win is utterly laughable.

I acknowledged that you completely outworked & outfought us, yet as utterly pathetic as we were, we got one back and were more likely to get an equaliser that you were to close it out as a good team should have done. Against a team one of your fellow Scousers accurately describes as mid table.

Am I unhappy? Yes, but with my own team's performance. Am I quaking in my boots at the second coming of the mighty Liverpool? Oh do get over yourself Phil, your lot weren't that good.

I didn't say anything about any second coming or anything in connection to suggesting that.

Likely to get an equaliser ? I think there was one shot which went straight at Mignolet but beyond that can't remember anything else threatening ? If anything the best chance fell to us which required the best save of the night from Mignolet

And yes for me it's a pretty big win away from home and yes there were some impressive performances on the night, believe you would have gone top with a win last night - I would like to know how saying that makes it trolling ?!?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I didn't say anything about any second coming or anything in connection to suggesting that.

Likely to get an equaliser ? I think there was one shot which went straight at Mignolet but beyond that can't remember anything else threatening ? If anything the best chance fell to us which required the best save of the night from Mignolet

And yes for me it's a pretty big win away from home and yes there were some impressive performances on the night, believe you would have gone top with a win last night - I would like to know how saying that makes it trolling ?!?

You've bigged up your win beyond all belief. We are never title contenders this season having done barely anything to address the issues we had in the squad yet you have claimed us up to be with no basis in fact whatsoever; the majority of experts that I saw were suggesting top 6 would be an achievement after last season, maybe top 4 as the lack of European football would help. Yes we would have gone top with a win last night having played West Ham, Watford, Burnley, Swansea and Liverpool, the majority of whom you'd expect to find in the lower reaches of the final table, not fighting for European places.

Dress up a deserved win against a team that didn't show up all you like, but to suggest that was a pretty big win with some impressive performances is you, as usual, on the wind up. Frankly we were an embarrassment to the badge, the Dog & Duck 11 would have put up a better show than we did last night and you're kidding yourself if you think different.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
You've bigged up your win beyond all belief. We are never title contenders this season having done barely anything to address the issues we had in the squad yet you have claimed us up to be with no basis in fact whatsoever; the majority of experts that I saw were suggesting top 6 would be an achievement after last season, maybe top 4 as the lack of European football would help. Yes we would have gone top with a win last night having played West Ham, Watford, Burnley, Swansea and Liverpool, the majority of whom you'd expect to find in the lower reaches of the final table, not fighting for European places.

Dress up a deserved win against a team that didn't show up all you like, but to suggest that was a pretty big win with some impressive performances is you, as usual, on the wind up. Frankly we were an embarrassment to the badge, the Dog & Duck 11 would have put up a better show than we did last night and you're kidding yourself if you think different.

Don't rise to it,he knows what he's doing.

D

Deleted member 1740

A good win from Liverpool but I wouldn't call them title contenders after just 5 games. :D

At the moment Liverpool are giving teams a lesson in work rate and seem to win the games in the first 45-60 mins through sheer work rate and high intensity. It looks to me like this level though cant be sustained through 90 mins which might explain why teams come back into it a bit after Liverpool have shot their bolt. I might be wrong but that's how it looked last night and when Liverpool played us.

Without work rate you don't win games and that is a fact. Yes we're working harder but we're also using space better and our passing looks a lot sharper. The players look fitter than last season and we're not blowing after 60minutes.

Time will tell whether or not we're tittle contenders but one things for sure if on current form Arsenal are then Liverpool should be too.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry but the constant suggestions of trolling and winding up just because I think it was a pretty big is poor

Last night the experts on sky were calling it a big win and impressive performance -are they also on the wind up or trolling ?! They highlighted Henderson being impressive and Matip and also Mane

But having an opinion that is differing from you doesn't mean I'm trolling or trying to wind up anyone

I think last night was a pretty big win for us and there was some impressive performances from some players - if you believe you are being wound up by that then the problem is with you

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Without work rate you don't win games and that is a fact. Yes we're working harder but we're also using space better and our passing looks a lot sharper. The players look fitter than last season and we're not blowing after 60minutes.

Time will tell whether or not we're tittle contenders but one things for sure if on current form Arsenal are then Liverpool should be too.

Personally don't think either are. Far too early in a season for teams with no creditable title challenges in recent seasons to be expeccted to maintain. People didnt genuinely believe in leciester until about 33 games down. Whilst there are causes for optimism, I think the flawed defence and lack of goal scorer will be the downfall of both teams. With one (I'd back arsenal) making top four.

Both full of very good players, but neither IMO have a roll your sleeves up cm, or good enough striker. It looks to me that Liverpool, could easily become the arensal of the last decade. Lots of good attacking players with similar characteristics, but no main man up front.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

But if you look at the games against Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea you would've lost the games if they started at the hour mark.

It will be interesting to see if this trend continues but to me , so far at least , it looks like Liverpool go out all guns blazing and weaken as the game goes on.

I didn't watch the Burnley game but my guess is that they may have nullified Liverpool by matching their work ethic - something Arsenal , Spurs and Chelsea failed to do.

D

Deleted member 1740

Personally don't think either are. Far too early in a season for teams with no creditable title challenges in recent seasons to be expeccted to maintain. People didnt genuinely believe in leciester until about 33 games down. Whilst there are causes for optimism, I think the flawed defence and lack of goal scorer will be the downfall of both teams. With one (I'd back arsenal) making top four.

Both full of very good players, but neither IMO have a roll your sleeves up cm, or good enough striker. It looks to me that Liverpool, could easily become the arensal of the last decade. Lots of good attacking players with similar characteristics, but no main man up front.

I must've missed Arsenal's credible tittle challenge's over the last 5 seasons or so.

Defensively we need consistency and I think with Lovren and Matip as the central pairing that'll improve. Better than Skrtel/Toure that's for sure.

Sturridge is capable of 20+goals a season, I just don't think we can rely on him.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I must've missed Arsenal's credible tittle challenge's over the last 5 seasons or so.

Defensively we need consistency and I think with Lovren and Matip as the central pairing that'll improve. Better than Skrtel/Toure that's for sure.

Sturridge is capable of 20+goals a season, I just don't think we can rely on him.

It may not have been clear, but I was saying you were both as unlikely IMO to win the title as neither of you are near title challengers.

The reason I implied they may finish fourth ahead of you is because they have shown repeatedly to have a knack for finishing there.

As to sturridge, great ability that he has. He's as safe a bet for 20 goals a season as wilshere is for that many appearances.

D

Deleted member 1740

But if you look at the games against Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea you would've lost the games if they started at the hour mark.

It will be interesting to see if this trend continues but to me , so far at least , it hlooks like Liverpool go out all guns blazing and weaken as the game goes on.

I didn't watch the Burnley game but my guess is that they may have nullified Liverpool by matching their work ethic - something Arsenal , Spurs and Chelsea failed to do.

Hahaha are you for real with that comment?

We never weakened as the game went on, we were away from home against a side with very good players in it, no team goes away from home to Chelsea, Arsenal,Yernited,city,Spurs etc and dominates from the 1st whistle to the last. It does not happen.

The burnley game was IMO a freak result, the 2goals came from 2 very poor individual mistakes and we got punished. Created loads of chances and never took them. It happens to every side, you just have to accept it and move on.

I don't know how we're expected to play, but at the minute it's working.

D

Deleted member 16999

It will be interesting to see if this trend continues but to me , so far at least , it looks like Liverpool go out all guns blazing and weaken as the game goes on.

Let's be honest, I hope LPool implode and get relegated, but is that post a wind up, surely your opening sentence says more about those 3 teams than LPool.

Putting them at fault for dominating teams away from home for only 60 minutes.

More to the point, why do they look at the Burnley game as a freak result, maybe that's the real LPool, recent seasons have shown they can get results against the big teams and fail to show up for the lesser teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.