And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've watched them a couple of times so far this season and they've been playing quite well. What do Liverpool fans think is a realistic aim for this season? A title challenge? Top 4? Top 6? I'm meaning what do you think WILL happen rather than what you hope COULD happen.

We have an attacking prowess that could finish in the top 3, we have defensive weaknesses that mean we could finish 6-7.

Not being in Europe should mean we are somewhere around 3-5th.Who knows, though?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
havent seen much of Karius, but if he comes in and is any good. The. The top 4 may be an outside bet, top six more likely.

ATM, even this early Liverpool ship too many goals for me and their one proven scorer isn't firing yet.

Theyve had some good results so far and beaten teams considered rivals. But I still think the finances of Chelsea, city and Utd along with the dependable arsenal and improving Spurs will have Liverpool contesting for the final europa spot.

D

Deleted member 1740

Are you serious that you really think that Liverpool can win the league? Or is that just the blind optimism that comes from supporting your team?

Yes.

keeping players fit is key to being successful. We've had a tough start to this season Spurs, Arsenal,Leicester, Chelsea and we've been the The better side in each of them.

The burnley result was a freak result but we need to stop making stupid individual mistakes because at the momment they're being punished.

There's no blind optimism here.

D

Deleted member 1740

We have an attacking prowess that could finish in the top 3, we have defensive weaknesses that mean we could finish 6-7.

Not being in Europe should mean we are somewhere around 3-5th.Who knows, though?

Ay Sin, another Lallana assist make sure you add it to your stats chart. :whistle:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
And Costa will play fairly won't he:rolleyes:

Well why don't we try not kicking lumps out of him & see what happens? :rolleyes:

Inept and lifeless. Shocking display so far.

Pretty much sums it up.
That's a pretty big win early season :whoo:

Some impressive performances out there tonight

Really? Trolling again Phil?

Not really, we only beat a mid table side.

Sadly we weren't even that good. :(

I am sorry to say but that wasn't even a mid table performance. Every department lacked any idea. One sorry display. See if they can pick it up Tuesday night

Spot on again. The only ray of light was that Luiz looked a better defender than the player that left, assuming that we actually bought him for defensive duties….. Worst thing about it was that we weren't so much outplayed as outfought and outworked, which is unforgivable. We were actually that bad that we made Mignolet look competent.

Win the league.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

D

Deleted member 15344

Well why don't we try not kicking lumps out of him & see what happens? :rolleyes:

Pretty much sums it up.

Really? Trolling again Phil?

Sadly we weren't even that good. :(

Spot on again. The only ray of light was that Luiz looked a better defender than the player that left, assuming that we actually bought him for defensive duties….. Worst thing about it was that we weren't so much outplayed as outfought and outworked, which is unforgivable. We were actually that bad that we made Mignolet look competent.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
How the hell can you accuse me of trolling because of that post ?!? That is utterly pathetic

It is a pretty big win to beat a team supposedly one of the favourites for the title on the home ground and there was some impressive performances from some players last night

Just smacks of sour grapes

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
How the hell can you accuse me of trolling because of that post ?!? That is utterly pathetic

It is a pretty big win to beat a team supposedly one of the favourites for the title on the home ground and there was some impressive performances from some players last night

Was it a big win or an easy win? I was really looking forward to a good game but... Liverpool played less rubbish than Chelsea.

D

Deleted member 1740

Was it a big win or an easy win? I was really looking forward to a good game but... Liverpool played less rubbish than Chelsea.

Would you have said the same had the result been the other way round?

Not many teams will got to Chelsea and dominate for as long as we did last night. Regardless of how poor Chelsea were, we were excellent and played some great stuff.

Blue in Munich

Visit site

That'll be the post that you haven't requoted then……….. :rolleyes:

Sour grapes? You couldn't make it up. :rofl: We got exactly what we deserved out of that performance, but we are nowhere near favourites for the title, we still have too much of last season's dead wood. I'd like to know who has supposedly made us favourites for the title, but we are nowhere near that and hanging your hat on that performance as a pretty big win is utterly laughable.

I acknowledged that you completely outworked & outfought us, yet as utterly pathetic as we were, we got one back and were more likely to get an equaliser that you were to close it out as a good team should have done. Against a team one of your fellow Scousers accurately describes as mid table.

Am I unhappy? Yes, but with my own team's performance. Am I quaking in my boots at the second coming of the mighty Liverpool? Oh do get over yourself Phil, your lot weren't that good.

D

Deleted member 1740

That'll be the post that you haven't requoted then……….. :rolleyes:

Sour grapes? You couldn't make it up. :rofl: We got exactly what we deserved out of that performance, but we are nowhere near favourites for the title, we still have too much of last season's dead wood. I'd like to know who has supposedly made us favourites for the title, but we are nowhere near that and hanging your hat on that performance as a pretty big win is utterly laughable.

I acknowledged that you completely outworked & outfought us, yet as utterly pathetic as we were, we got one back and were more likely to get an equaliser that you were to close it out as a good team should have done. Against a team one of your fellow Scousers accurately describes as mid table.

Am I unhappy? Yes, but with my own team's performance. Am I quaking in my boots at the second coming of the mighty Liverpool? Oh do get over yourself Phil, your lot weren't that good.

Chelsea were gifted that goal and I can't remember them having another clear chance. Only a great save from Courtois stopped us from " closing it out as a good team should". I'd say we closed the game out rather professionally but then that's only my opinion not a fact.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Chelsea were gifted that goal and I can't remember them having another clear chance. Only a great save from Courtois stopped us from " closing it out as a good team should". I'd say we closed the game out rather professionally but then that's only my opinion not a fact.

A bit like you were gifted your opener then……….?

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes.

keeping players fit is key to being successful. We've had a tough start to this season Spurs, Arsenal,Leicester, Chelsea and we've been the The better side in each of them.

The burnley result was a freak result but we need to stop making stupid individual mistakes because at the momment they're being punished.

There's no blind optimism here.
You''re not really any further forward than last seasons results against the same teams, you beat Chelsea and Leicester and drew with Spurs, 2 points gained from Arsenal but 3 dropped at Burnley so you could be 5 points better but instead 1 worse off.
Think you''ll fighting 6th-4th but winners :rofl: :rofl:

D

Deleted member 1740

You''re not really any further forward than last seasons results against the same teams, you beat Chelsea and Leicester and drew with Spurs, 2 points gained from Arsenal but 3 dropped at Burnley so you could be 5 points better but instead 1 worse off.
Think you''ll fighting 6th-4th but winners :rofl: :rofl:

Of course we are, we haven't got a manager bluffing his way through games :rofl:

Klopp has also had a pre season with the players and they look a lot fitter than this time last season.

The league doesn't matter til after 10games or Xmas (depending on were we are at that time ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.