And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No. My point is made with what I saw in that period, I wasn't watching league 1 football at the time neither.

Example, that season they won the league, United v Stoke at Stoke, Neville had fouled etherington that was well worthy of a yellow card but because he'd only just been booked, Marriner bottled it and never booked him,

So much like the referee doing all he could to avoid sending off Cazorla for Arsenal in the match yesterday against Hull? It wasn't just United getting the decisions in their favour it was and still is all of the bigger clubs.

D

Deleted member 16999

When Citeh were a small club, some of the decisions that went against us were shocking. We were kicked when we were down. It was not just Yoonited though. When Missis T started goin to the football with me, we went to watch City v Chelsea. She WAS in love with Frank Lampard the great floozie. Anyway it lasted about 30 seconds. lampard, Cole, Terry, the gamesmanship and blatant cheating, hounding of refs was disgusting. Them and Younited were disgusting. No one is going to convince me it only happend v City.

I said this the other night when I watched the MUTV Comedy channel. The fans were not happy with the style of football. It is just not happening for them😂 Yet? The thoughts of other supporters re Utd are that quite frankly they are dire, proper dire and other teams supporters could not be happier. Most clubs now smell blood when playing Utd. That fear factor of playing Utd has gone. Utd now find themselves in the same position as every team in the premier league that decisions go against you. Me at the moment, am loving seeing Utd and there fans squirm. What comes around goes around.
Now Citeh are getting the decisions, ball clearly over the line in the Carling Cup Semi 2nd leg last season.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I've backed my opinion up with a fact and it's all because of my dislike for United? :rofl:

That last season United won the league was probably the most gung Ho United side I've ever seen and they conceded more goals than they've ever conceded when they've won the title. The season they lost the the league to city on goal difference Ferguson was livid and his response was to adopt keegans tactics. Why didn't he rebuild a whole new defence? Because he knew he didn't have time to do that.

You mentioned one incident where Utd got a benifit and all of a sudden the 12 points is fact?

I remember some papers used to show what a league would look like we ref decisions corrected. Generally the top stayed the same. Just the bottom changed slightly of one team had been hard done by.

Fergie knew he was retiring so signed players that helped him leave successfully. Of course he wanted to go out winning. Nit sure what is wrong with that. The other. Anagers have had plenty of backing to change it since. They've probably had a bett spend of as much as fergies in the last four seasons. If the new managers can't make it work. It shows just how good fergie was IMO.

D

Deleted member 1740

So much like the referee doing all he could to avoid sending off Cazorla for Arsenal in the match yesterday against Hull? It wasn't just United getting the decisions in their favour it was and still is all of the bigger clubs.

If it was Snodgrass or any other Hull player I very much doubt he'd have done the same, I can't prove it though so it's just my opinion.

United under Ferguson got a lot more and that was down to Ferguson alone. That Graham Poll interview sums it up.

I'll stand by my view he won them 12pts a season alone.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
When Citeh were a small club, some of the decisions that went against us were shocking. We were kicked when we were down. It was not just Yoonited though. When Missis T started goin to the football with me, we went to watch City v Chelsea. She WAS in love with Frank Lampard the great floozie. Anyway it lasted about 30 seconds. lampard, Cole, Terry, the gamesmanship and blatant cheating, hounding of refs was disgusting. Them and Younited were disgusting. No one is going to convince me it only happend v City.

I said this the other night when I watched the MUTV Comedy channel. The fans were not happy with the style of football. It is just not happening for them Yet? The thoughts of other supporters re Utd are that quite frankly they are dire, proper dire and other teams supporters could not be happier. Most clubs now smell blood when playing Utd. That fear factor of playing Utd has gone. Utd now find themselves in the same position as every team in the premier league that decisions go against you. Me at the moment, am loving seeing Utd and there fans squirm. What comes around goes around.

Not really sure Karma has much to do with it. But I certainly don't begrudge any team success. I still think Utd will improve. But if Aguero plays 30 games the you win the league.

It's refreshing for cites fans to be winning as they accept where they were before and genuinely just seem happy to enjoy the ride.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If it was Snodgrass or any other Hull player I very much doubt he'd have done the same, I can't prove it though so it's just my opinion.

United under Ferguson got a lot more and that was down to Ferguson alone. That Graham Poll interview sums it up.

i agree with that, but more that his aura at so called intimidation had the same effect on his players.

Just look at the results Klopp is getting with making the player s run the extra mile.

D

Deleted member 1740

You mentioned one incident where Utd got a benifit and all of a sudden the 12 points is fact?

I remember some papers used to show what a league would look like we ref decisions corrected. Generally the top stayed the same. Just the bottom changed slightly of one team had been hard done by.

Fergie knew he was retiring so signed players that helped him leave successfully. Of course he wanted to go out winning. Nit sure what is wrong with that. The other. Anagers have had plenty of backing to change it since. They've probably had a bett spend of as much as fergies in the last four seasons. If the new managers can't make it work. It shows just how good fergie was IMO.

That was one example, they had loads more like that if not worse.

Ferguson was more bothered about himself IMO.

He left Moyes with a championship winning side but it needed a serious rebuild defensively, which backs up my initial point that Ferguson went against his ways and adopted the "we'll score more than you" attitude. He then jumped a sinking ship.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Absolutely agree with this. The ref was quick enough to pull out the red card for the handball by the Hull player in the area and I'm sure that if Cazorla had been in an amber and black shirt yesterday he would have been sent off.

D

Deleted member 1740

i agree with that, but more that his aura at so called intimidation had the same effect on his players.

Just look at the results Klopp is getting with making the player s run the extra mile.

Every ref was frightened going there, they knew if they went against the they'd never ref their again.

A bit like Moyes at Everton. Called Clattenburg out and he never went back to woodison for 18 months or more.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Every ref was frightened going there, they knew if they went against the they'd never ref their again.

A bit like Moyes at Everton. Called Clattenburg out and he never went back to woodison for 18 months or more.

that was down to the fa, not fergie. surely?

genuine question. Do you not rate fergie at all? Do you believe it was alol bulky tactics? No skill?

i mean, for him to have got to a point where his voice mattered, surely it took great skill to get there.

As to the legacy he left Moyes. That lays with the board. Look how they've backed LvG and Mourinho since.

All footballers and managers are selfish. They consider themselves first. I'm not sure how leaving a championship winning team can be a bad thing.

D

Deleted member 16999

:rofl: :rofl: can't believe you're serious, no away team ever gets the decisions at Analfield :rofl:

D

Deleted member 1740

Papas1982;1574432[B said:
]that was down to the fa, not fergie. surely[/B]?

genuine question. Do you not rate fergie at all? Do you believe it was alol bulky tactics? No skill?

i mean, for him to have got to a point where his voice mattered, surely it took great skill to get there.

As to the legacy he left Moyes. That lays with the board. Look how they've backed LvG and Mourinho since.

All footballers and managers are selfish. They consider themselves first. I'm not sure how leaving a championship winning team can be a bad thing.

Ferguson had them clowns at the FA in his pocket too. How many touch line bans did he get away from? Not forgetting his brush with the law? Got off with a speeding offence...

I'm not doubting his acheivements but I'm talking specifically about his last season post #2301.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1740

:rofl: :rofl: can't believe you're serious, no away team ever gets the decisions at Analfield :rofl:

Why do you always have to turn it to us? obsessed?

The decisions like the Tiago handball v Chelsea, Kop end, Mike Riley puts his whistle to his mouth and then doesn't blow. Blatant handball we lose the game.?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So the reason Liverpool haven't won the Prem is because UTD always had a 12pt start & Billionaire owners 🤔
😂😂😂😂

Oh and we're all obsessed 😳.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ferguson was a nasty bully. He is one of many reasons, but a big one, why Utd are despised by opposition fans. I'm with StuC on this one. I'm also with Tashy and the city fans in dancing every time they lose a match. To lose with Maureen at the helm makes it even sweeter. Two nasties together.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why do you always have to turn it to us? obsessed?

The decisions like the Tiago handball v Chelsea, Kop end, Mike Riley puts his whistle to his mouth and then doesn't blow. Blatant handball we lose the game.?
I turned it to you because you's are worse than Utd, what about the game V Chelsea in CL when you were awarded the non goal that Garcia scored?

D

Deleted member 1740

So the reason Liverpool haven't won the Prem is because UTD always had a 12pt start & Billionaire owners 🤔
😂😂😂😂

Oh and we're all obsessed 😳.

Who said that??

D

Deleted member 1740

I turned it to you because you's are worse than Utd, what about the game V Chelsea in CL when you were awarded the non goal that Garcia scored?

No we're not. I admire your hatred for us but even you can't say we get more than United :rofl:

It was a goal, the liner and ref gave it. If it wasn't it was definitely a foul and a pen red card.

D

Deleted member 1740

Ferguson was a nasty bully. He is one of many reasons, but a big one, why Utd are despised by opposition fans. I'm with StuC on this one. I'm also with Tashy and the city fans in dancing every time they lose a match. To lose with Maureen at the helm makes it even sweeter. Two nasties together.

Closest red??:whoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.