And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You have a point, but there's loads of incidents that pens haven't been given when they should've been. I'll only be accused of being obsessed if I named them all.

Absolutely agree but then again Gerrard and Suarez weren't averse to "going down easily" or as I like to call it diving to win dubious penalties for your team were they? And I've only used those two due to the team you support. If it had been a Chelsea fan I was replying to I would've gone with Costa and Robben and could've done the same for any other team.

D

Deleted member 1740

I remember that, bit like when Brenda said the same about Sterling.

Joking aren't yer, Moyes had the FA involved and everything. Even LIPA went down to bellefield to work on his diving skills :rofl:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Now Citeh are getting the decisions, ball clearly over the line in the Carling Cup Semi 2nd leg last season.

one bad decision is one bad decision. It's a decision that no city fan will argue against, whereas utds and Chelsea's fans argue A, they should get these decisions that favour them and B, these desisions should not go against them when it does not favour them.
Same as Aguero and Nolito. They were/should of been reds. No arguement.

As papas says, most City fans have a degree in crap football. The guy sat at the side of Missis T wàs getting a bit emotional watching the standard of football yesterday, the great big fairy. Says he only ever dreamed of seeing his club play football like that.

D

Deleted member 1740

Absolutely agree but then again Gerrard and Suarez weren't averse to "going down easily" or as I like to call it diving to win dubious penalties for your team were they? And I've only used those two due to the team you support. If it had been a Chelsea fan I was replying to I would've gone with Costa and Robben and could've done the same for any other team.

They've all got them, unfortunately.

Remember them crowding around Andy D'Urso the ref, that ended his refereeing career that night.

D

Deleted member 15344

Bloody good, the best infact.

They will say the same about Wenger when he's gone as well.

No "they" won't

He isn't anywhere near the top managers that have been in GB

Is he even the best seen at Arsenal ?

When he finally goes half the Arsenal fans will celebrate

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No "they" won't

Rubbish in my opinion. He's won trophies, did something rarely seen and went a whole season unbeaten. He's met all the criteria laid down by the board and delivered what was expected and for the most part, the crowd have bought into this. How many manager's have gone unbeaten? Any of the greats? Three PL's and 6 FA cups stand up to a majority of top managers in both the present and previous era's

D

Deleted member 1740

Rubbish in my opinion. He's won trophies, did something rarely seen and went a whole season unbeaten. He's met all the criteria laid down by the board and delivered what was expected and for the most part, the crowd have bought into this. How many manager's have gone unbeaten? Any of the greats? Three PL's and 6 FA cups stand up to a majority of top managers in both the present and previous era's

3leagues and 5 FA cups in 20 years and a very average European record?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
3leagues and 5 FA cups in 20 years and a very average European campaigns?

Thought it was 6 FA cups but either way... I agree that Europe has been a weakness but he's done everything that was asked and got Arsenal to the cash cow every year for 16 or 17 years so he must be doing something right year in year out to be top four. We've done that particular subject (is it enough) to death but my point is compared to the majority with perhaps the exception of Fergie and Mourinho, and several City managers who've spent masses securing PL success, his record is still good

D

Deleted member 15344

Was it 6 leagues , 3 European Cups , a UEFA Cup plus a couple of League Cups in just 9 years for Bob ?

Wengers record isn't anywhere near touching the greats

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Surely that should be 3 league titles and 4/5 (depending on whether Homer or Stu are correct) FA Cups in 10 years and then 1 more FA Cup in the next 10 years. For the first ten years he was right up there with the best managers ever. For the last ten years, not so much.

D

Deleted member 1740

Thought it was 6 FA cups but either way... I agree that Europe has been a weakness but he's done everything that was asked and got Arsenal to the cash cow every year for 16 or 17 years so he must be doing something right year in year out to be top four. We've done that particular subject (is it enough) to death but my point is compared to the majority with perhaps the exception of Fergie and Mourinho, and several City managers who've spent masses securing PL success, his record is still good

I've not doubted his record, but his failure in Europe shouldn't be glossed over just because of the invincibles over a decade ago.

D

Deleted member 1740

Surely that should be 3 league titles and 4/5 (depending on whether Homer or Stu are correct) FA Cups in 10 years and then 1 more FA Cup in the next 10 years. For the first ten years he was right up there with the best managers ever. For the last ten years, not so much.

His failure in Europe gets forgotten about.

Anyway I'm bored of talking Arsenal.....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've not doubted his record, but his failure in Europe shouldn't be glossed over just because of the invincibles over a decade ago.

And I agree but by the same token, the invincibles shouldn't be forgotten either. He should have done better in Europe, but again, has done what other big clubs in the PL never have and got there every season.

D

Deleted member 1740

And I agree but by the same token, the invincibles shouldn't be forgotten either. He should have done better in Europe, but again, has done what other big clubs in the PL never have and got there every season.

Getting there and making the numbers up shouldn't classed as a major acheivement.

Again, I'm not doubting his domestic acheivements at all, but to be classed as a great manager you've got to have done it in Europe IMO.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No "they" won't

Name me 10 better managers in GB from the last 20 years? Think hes comfortably in the top managers that have been in GB.

As for being the best at Arsenal, well yes at least since the 1930s, Chapman was something special though on all accounts

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Name me 10 better managers in GB from the last 20 years? Think hes comfortably in the top managers that have been in GB.

As for being the best at Arsenal, well yes at least since the 1930s, Chapman was something special though on all accounts

Its not worth it, the genepool have a weird agenda just nod back away and don't make eye contact.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why only from the last 20 years ?

Ignoring the 20 years bit as not sure why the time line

Top 10 Managers seen in UK

Paisley
Ferguson
Clough
Shankly
Stein
Ramsey
Busby
Mourinho
Dalglish