And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Spurs first 11 is far superior to Utd , Chelsea and Arsenal - I think I can see their main players leaving but they clearly need more strength in depth

Going to be an interesting summer

Who can you see wanting to leave Liverpool if they win nothing ............................... again?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I think next year will be very similar to this one. Top 2 look so far superior it’s ridiculous. Spurs even if they retain their first team won’t buy sufficiently to sustain a full season. They’re replacing arsenal except their season gets past March.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd need to many players to become contenders. Any of the three could have a busy summer and still get nowhere.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Haha , violence and insults, the Chelsea way eh?

Violence,where’s that then? Is that your imagination running wild again 😂😂

So come on Sherlock, how much did Spurs ground cost, how much have they borrowed, what’s there’s interest rate which needs to be paid from nett profits, and with players wages well below their market value, and IF they dropped out of a CL place, what effect will that’s have on their P&L from 2019/2020?

So your ‘money’ comment is laughable, Levy hasn’t gone into his back pocket, and it isn’t self earned, but hey, you put your half & half shirt & scarf on and talk shite, it’s what your really good at!

D

Deleted member 15344

Who can you see wanting to leave Liverpool if they win nothing ............................... again?

Right now - well Sturridge and Moreno’s contract is over so they will go , think the club will look to let Origi go , and then maybe Lovren and Mignolet. That will leave spots in the squad for a couple of boys and a couple of the young lads like - Wilson , Gruijic possibly

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mate that was shocking wasn’t it,and when he grabbed his face and looked astonished,embarrassing

theres clearly been a shift in how occurrent it is at arsenal with the change of manager, we werent too bad last year, seems we get worse every game for it this year, theres a handful who will go down at the drop of a hat and cant wait to whine to the ref at every opportunity, horrible to watch

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right now - well Sturridge and Moreno’s contract is over so they will go , think the club will look to let Origi go , and then maybe Lovren and Mignolet. That will leave spots in the squad for a couple of boys and a couple of the young lads like - Wilson , Gruijic possibly

I'm not talking about players Liverpool are looking to let go, I was talking about players who may want to leave in order to win stuff.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'm not talking about players Liverpool are looking to let go, I was talking about players who may want to leave in order to win stuff.

I could potentially see VVD, Mane and Salah getting restless in time if there’s no trophies. Not this summer, but certainly next. I think the rest of the squad are young enough or newly recruited that it’s not such an issue.

D

Deleted member 15344

Don’t seem to be anyone looking to leave - i suspect the players can see the potential within the team and the club for the future and right now I don’t expect any of the top players to leave , but if they do the club is in a far better place to be able to replace those players. Future looks good at the moment both on and off the pitch and can see that getting stronger over the next 12 months. We may end up winning nothing but it’s going to end up an amazing successful season.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Spurs first 11 is far superior to Utd , Chelsea and Arsenal - I think I cant see their main players leaving but they clearly need more strength in depth

And that is my point, they have a bank of players that are all sought after, with an empty trophy cabinet again, and IF they dropped to 5th, which is a possibility, and with those players (assets) all being paid well under their market value, and with no funds to buy and strengthen, what keeps them there?

A new ground won’t keep them, they have short careers and want to win things, will staying on lower than average wages and being bridesmaids be enough for them, I don’t think so, I think as soon as one decides to go, and Levy is offered the right money, he’ll sell, and they’ll be like a stack of dominoes.

Staying in the CL is crucial to them, but that revenue alone will just about cover the interest rates on their investment of a new ground, so what does that leave to build around the players they’ve got and pay them more to stay!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don’t seem to be anyone looking to leave - i suspect the players can see the potential within the team and the club for the future and right now I don’t expect any of the top players to leave , but if they do the club is in a far better place to be able to replace those players. Future looks good at the moment both on and off the pitch and can see that getting stronger over the next 12 months. We may end up winning nothing but it’s going to end up an amazing successful season.

Yes winning nothing an amazing season.

At the top winning is everything.

I’m really looking forward to the season end when a lot of Liverpool fans say “ the amount of points we got this season would have won the premier league for the last 20 seasons “.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
No amount of money will make Chelsea a bigger club than Spurs , never forget that.

Wait!...You think Tottenham are a bigger club than Chelsea?? 😱😂😂

You need to explain please because the last time they won the league was back in the days of Pathe news!
FA cup 30 years ago, League Cup 10 years ago and you think they are bigger than Chelsea??? have a look at Chelsea’s honours and compare them to Spurs. It’s a complete miss-match.
As much as Tottenham hate it they are more at West Ham’s level than Chelsea or Arsenal. 😁

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Wait!...You think Tottenham are a bigger club than Chelsea?? 😱😂😂

You need to explain please because the last time they won the league was back in the days of Pathe news!
FA cup 30 years ago, League Cup 10 years ago and you think they are bigger than Chelsea??? have a look at Chelsea’s honours and compare them to Spurs. It’s a complete miss-match.
As much as Tottenham hate it they are more at West Ham’s level than Chelsea or Arsenal. 😁

I think prior to Roman their total honours were pretty similar. Now there is a clear gulf.
In regards to their level, you’re a little optimistic to think you guys are on a similar level though imo.

https://www.totalsportek.com/list/most-successful-clubs-in-english-football-history/

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’m really looking forward to the season end when a lot of Liverpool fans say “ the amount of points we got this season would have won the premier league for the last 20 seasons “.

Not if they lost there last game they couldn’t 😏