And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

So what’s worse?

Ruin it for the thousands in the stadium or for the millions of fee paying viewers at home and abroad?

And ultimately cost the club a cup or a place in the league next year?

It’s sport - part of sport is the human factor , football is supposed to be a free flowing sport and full of emotions.

I would rather keep it natural than have the game become stop start like you see in US sports

And the fans in the stadium are the bread and butter of the sport and their emotions should override someone sat on a sofa

D

Deleted member 16999

Yeah but the 300m telly clappers/viewers around the world will be happy
I agree with you on VAR Stu, but it’s nothing to do with telly clappers, it’s supposedly about getting the right decision, the problem at the moment is that it’s only used in certain circumstances.
I’d bin it except for ball in or out of play.

D

Deleted member 1740

Imagine paying £60 and getting done by a last minute penalty, getting home only to find that the f@@@@@r dived.

Wish you had VAR then I bet.

No, not at all

VAR should only be used for clear and obvious errors, not to prove Aguero was offside by a whisker!

Been there,seen it, done it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Putting rivalry aside, I genuinely felt for City fans that night. Celebrating a winning goal in the dying seconds of a game of that magnitude only for it to be overruled 2 minutes later, those type of celebrations are what match going fans love and look forward too. The raw emotion and joy exploding in that split 2nd is a special feeling.

Instead, we’ll end with a game like American Football taking forever and no doubt ad breaks in between reviews will be added for more sponsorship etc.

IT was an odd night that night. I was watching it in a bar in Mablethorpe Haven. Citys game ran over 5 mins plus than the Liverpool game which was on other tellys. They switched the Liverpool tellys over to the City/ spurs game for the last 5 mins. When City scored, I can tell you Tashyboy didn't care a hoot who heard him scream with delight when Stirling scored. When it went to VAR I saw the first clip and knew Aguero was offside. I could of cried. VAR confirmed my worst fears. The cheers from the few Spurs fans and the 30 or so Liverpool fans was something else. But the correct decision was made. The thing is, it would be the easiest thing in the world to blame VAR, but I remember the Aguero penalty miss in the first game. That is probably what cost us going through. Not VAR.
Football is going through a massive change, for me some of it is very good. But if it goes down the American football route, I think the reason for that will be due partly the cheating by players.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Imagine paying £60 and getting done by a last minute penalty, getting home only to find that the f@@@@@r dived.

Wish you had VAR then I bet.

I’ve seen West Ham get wrong decisions against us against Liverpool, Man U and Leicester over the last month or so and it hasn’t changed my opinion. It’s not worth trying to explain to armchair fans that pause it to go for a slash and get another beer.

D

Deleted member 1740

Not really.

You’re making out that the tens of thousands inside the stadium are more important than the millions that are not.

No I’m not, you are advocating the opposite though.

D

Deleted member 18588

In all this discussion on VAR it is generally forgotten that despite there being a number of cameras and different angles television remains a two-dimensional medium so decisions will still be subjective.

Speaking as one who attends matches, generally as a fan but sometimes as a neutral I cannot see this being anything but a detraction from the live matchday experience.

But, so what I suppose as it has long been apparent that the paying spectators are the last to be considered.

D

Deleted member 1740

In all this discussion on VAR it is generally forgotten that despite there being a number of cameras and different angles television remains a two-dimensional medium so decisions will still be subjective.

Speaking as one who attends matches, generally as a fan but sometimes as a neutral I cannot see this being anything but a detraction from the live matchday experience.

But, so what I suppose as it has long been apparent that the paying spectators are the last to be considered.

Exactly Mickie. Same picture from 3different angles can give different outcomes.

D

Deleted member 15344

Let's hope Liverpool aren't denied a clear penalty in the final game of the season which would mean they would win the league then lol.

If they are then it happens - one decision on the final game won’t be the reason why , the season is 38 games long and doesn’t depend on one moment in one game.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ultimately whether you like it or not football is a business. VAR will come in to ensure the right decisions (or not) and those in the stands and at home are playing second fiddle to the powers trying to show how great the product is. To be honest, given how much time is lost anyway at throws etc is a few moments stopping to get the right decision going to really detract that much? I think there is an argument to introduce a separate game clock like rugby but I think at this moment in time that's something too radical for FIFA

D

Deleted member 1740

Let's hope Liverpool aren't denied a clear penalty in the final game of the season which would mean they would win the league then lol.

We’ve had another 37 games to win the league, 1 decision will not determine if we or city win the league.

D

Deleted member 1740

Well yes :ROFLMAO:
My point was I wonder if people would change their minds re VAR should there be a spectacular reffing fail on the final day of the season.
Btw, the World Cup last year wasn't like american football games when VAR was used (y)

It was farcical though.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Was at the King Power today. What has happened to Arsenal? Worst performance by an away team all season, could easily have been worse than 3-0.