Am I right to feel a bit miffed..?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd also feel a bit miffed about this but I don't think it's unusual for short notice offers to appear at discount. Obviously nobody could predict where we would have gotten to given the covid rescheduling.

If I were in OP shoes, it wouldn't be about the money for me given it's only £20, but I'd expect customer service something along the lines of "Sorry sir, we couldn't predict this at the time but these short term offers are provided at different discounts to your original booking, we acknowledge this looks unfair to you and whilst we cannot refund the difference as a goodwill gesture we'd like to offer you ..."

I think it's reasonable to politely point out the concern and expect some sort of goodwill in return. If we're talking around %10 of the overall cost it's well within the margins of a discount that wouldn't/shouldn't even need senior approval.

D

Deleted member 15344

Seems a simple situation tbh -

Round booked in advance at a pre determined price

The club have decided to put an offer on

I wouldn’t be annoyed or miffed or whatever word is used but would just phone up and politely ask the question - I’m pretty sure any decent club would give you the discount deal and then there is no issues

Certainty doesn’t need any “strongly worded email” or irate phone call

I’m pretty sure the club haven’t done it on purpose

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No harm in a polite query but I’d have no expectation of getting anything back nor would I hold it against the club. My view is if I wasn’t happy with my earlier deal/rate then I wouldn’t have booked it

Just about every time I turn up to play on a green fee basis I know there are folk on the course that have paid more than me and others that have paid less. Sometimes I ‘win’ sometimes I lose. Golf is like that.

evemccc

Visit site
Seems a simple situation tbh -

Round booked in advance at a pre determined price

The club have decided to put an offer on

I wouldn’t be annoyed or miffed or whatever word is used but would just phone up and politely ask the question - I’m pretty sure any decent club would give you the discount deal and then there is no issues

Certainty doesn’t need any “strongly worded email” or irate phone call

I’m pretty sure the club haven’t done it on purpose

Polite email elicited a polite response and a refund of £20

Never did I suggest I’d send a strongly worded email

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Is this any different to buying something then the price of said item drops a few days later?
Ask politely by all means, but I think the term "miffed" is a little strong.
Aye this was my first thought. Sometimes you buy early you get the bargain, sometimes it works against you.

D

Deleted member 15344

Polite email elicited a polite response and a refund of £20

Never did I suggest I’d send a strongly worded email

Yep I know you didn’t - someone else did

as i said I’m sure the club didn’t do anything deliberately and a quick chat sorted it

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m sure it’s probably already been said, but the time to be unhappy is when you’ve contacted the club and asked them to match any online or “special” rate, and they’ve refused.

This has happened to me more than once, home and abroad, and I’ve not yet found a club which has not been willing to charge me the reduced rate when I’ve asked.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
We’ve moved a few dates during COVID and not been charged extra. Most places were keen just to keep hold of your cash than refund so I’m surprised they added money If it was a like for like time of the year. I’d be very miffed.