Air Fryers … any good / recommendations

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Reading this with interest as I know the out-laws have bought a Ninja of some description for us for Christmas. Really looking forward to seeing which one and giving it a go.

You been rooting through the Christmas pressies Homer, how old are you ?

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I've got a small air fryer at home and have been trying to do the odd thing in there rather than using the oven - it does make some good chips to be fair!

My question is - do your fryers still have that "new fryer smell" that imparts on to your food/ how soon does this go?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got a small air fryer at home and have been trying to do the odd thing in there rather than using the oven - it does make some good chips to be fair!

My question is - do your fryers still have that "new fryer smell" that imparts on to your food/ how soon does this go?

We have the Ninja Foodi multi and it never smelt.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Is yours a Ninja?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Never had that but is the usual thing not to burn that off? Run it at top heat for a few minutes, see if that helps.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did bacon last night as Amanda showed, what a pain in the old rear end ?
Came out beautifully but I think I’ll try laying it in the slotted rack next time.

Now I'm all for things being simple so maybe have perfected the technique as I find it easy :) Maybe it's getting the right weight hanging so they don't slip off?!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
They didn’t slip off it was just annoyingly fiddly.

I do find using the Ninja can be annoyingly fiddly but worthwhile. Lifting the inner pots is a pain and we love pizza (shop bought) but that is a real faff as has to be cut into two and then put on the inner shelf and then swapped halfway etc. I guess because I usually have the grill on to toast the brioche and hob to dry fry the bacon, which both need constant attention, I find the air fryer easier for bacon baps.