Air Fryers … any good / recommendations

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jeremy Vine and friends did a piece on air fryers v ovens yesterday on Radio2 13.00 - 13.30ish. You can get it on catchup/sounds. Think I'll stick with my halogen and electric ovens. I'll say no more.

Well since I've had the ninja food my electric use has reduced over the 18 months. No other changes made so they can rubbish them all they want.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well since I've had the ninja food my electric use has reduced over the 18 months. No other changes made so they can rubbish them all they want.
I have to admit that I didn't listen to the whole thing. Just heard the opening "banter" and setting things up on my way back from golf. I assume from your comment that they weren't impressed?? I'm glad however that you have a noticable reduction in energy use (y)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
How do you do your chips?
I'm usually steam-air fry for around 20 minutes depending on size and how many I'm cooking.
I saw a Facebook post that said 5 minutes steam then 10 minutes air fry, his chips looked superb. Tried it this method and they were still raw in the middle :sick: had to air fry them for another 10 mins to finish them.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have to admit that I didn't listen to the whole thing. Just heard the opening "banter" and setting things up on my way back from golf. I assume from your comment that they weren't impressed?? I'm glad however that you have a noticable reduction in energy use (y)

I didn't listen and just assumed they had rubbished it as some other journo's have.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm usually steam-air fry for around 20 minutes depending on size and how many I'm cooking.
I saw a Facebook post that said 5 minutes steam then 10 minutes air fry, his chips looked superb. Tried it this method and they were still raw in the middle :sick: had to air fry them for another 10 mins to finish them.

The skin on fries from Aldi or Lidl are fabulous. 15minutes at most in the ninja. :D

For my own I rinse loads of the starch out of the potatoes, dry them and then put a little vegetable oil on before cooking on the crisp plate. Tend to shake them around every five minutes.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The skin on fries from Aldi or Lidl are fabulous. 15minutes at most in the ninja. :D

For my own I rinse loads of the starch out of the potatoes, dry them and then put a little vegetable oil on before cooking on the crisp plate. Tend to shake them around every five minutes.

That’s cheating, you have to make your own from scratch, it’s in the Ninja code ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another vote for the Aldi skin on fries. Perfect size and cook beautifully in the Ninja in 15 minutes as Chellie said. In the oven it was a 10 minute pre-heat, 35 minutes cook and still not as crispy - longer they cooked the harder they got.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
trialing chips today, main reason I bought it :) results back soon

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Got an email from Ninja at 2am to tell me that the air fryer I'd been watching was back in stock. Had a look at 5:30am when I saw the message and it was already out of stock again!! Luckily the air fryer I went with instead is proving a good buy however shows how quickly the stock is moving at the moment.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
haha phase 2 Tuesday - lots of prep x2 microwave to soften them (5 minsx2 in boiling water) multi runs and cool downs x6 mins tasted lovely but no photos and still not 100% perfect

Lads birthday Tuesday so need to master them. I'll add tinned new pots how ever good they look taste like new potatoes (I've been sold a SCAM :ROFLMAO: TicTok Scam - aldi 35p dream is over)

Photos or it didn’t happen ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did a jacket the other day, 8 mins in the microwave and then 10 in the air fryer. Was as good as the 1hr 20min version I’ve always stuck in the oven.

my oven is quickly becoming a rather big ornament in the kitchen

then again previous owner put it in , massive range thing.. 2 ovens.. one each side .. on the right hand side we literally store all the trays in .. so its like a cupboard.

after the wonders of the air fryer I have seriously considered when the kitchen needs replacing (im talking when my 2 year old twins will be in there teens so many moons) of getting a normal size oven , built into a cupboard with a microwave above it.. and then have 1 or 2 air fryers depending on our needs.. massive hob though with induction rather than gas..

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
my oven is quickly becoming a rather big ornament in the kitchen

then again previous owner put it in , massive range thing.. 2 ovens.. one each side .. on the right hand side we literally store all the trays in .. so its like a cupboard.

after the wonders of the air fryer I have seriously considered when the kitchen needs replacing (im talking when my 2 year old twins will be in there teens so many moons) of getting a normal size oven , built into a cupboard with a microwave above it.. and then have 1 or 2 air fryers depending on our needs.. massive hob though with induction rather than gas..

I hate jackets in the microwave as you can’t beat a crispy skin, my daughter loves them as well and they’re a really easy meal without having to put any effort in however, pre air fryer, the number of times I’d forget to heat the over and then get the jacket ready that by the time I’d realised it meant she wouldn’t be eating until gone 6pm so I just sack it off and she’ll have fish fingers and chips. This new method is an easy win!

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’ve followed ‘Sam The Cooking Guy’ on YT for a while and game across a air fryer video.

I made the grilled cheese sandwich having already experimented with the bacon, lovely stuff however probably shouldn’t get too used to making these sorts of things for my daily lunch!!