Air Fryers … any good / recommendations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve followed ‘Sam The Cooking Guy’ on YT for a while and game across a air fryer video.

I made the grilled cheese sandwich having already experimented with the bacon, lovely stuff however probably shouldn’t get too used to making these sorts of things for my daily lunch!!

Mate the steak is banging

And what we do is my steak goes on the bottom, Mrs on the stack on top

Chips in other basket

So my steak is nice and medium , sometimes medium rare and Mrs is well done

Works beautiful

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
CHIPS fail Wedges are the new CHIPS - part cook as a jacket in the microwave then blast them in the AF salt and extra virgin sprayed on occasions

Mint my life is complete

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I steam fry my hand made chips, sometimes I air fry them for a few minutes at the end if I want extra crisp. Not had a bad lot yet ?

Boil the chips with a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda then steam dry and bung in the fridge to dry out properly. Then into the air fryer!! Best chips method I’ve found so far.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Going to practice Xmas dinner this weekend by roasting a chicken. Also have a go at roast spuds.

Any tips (y)

For me, roast pots have been the biggest let down in the sense that they’re not a patch on my oven roasted ones with loads of duck fat. They’re not bad by any means but not a patch on my usual method.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I reckon my air fryer is 10 years old, it's right up there in best value for money items we've ever bought! It was either £30 or £40, it's pretty basic as you can imagine, but I make chips in it 2/3 times a week.

Peel and cut the pots, put into boiling water for 5 mins, (as the af is heating up), dry off the chips, a bit of salt & oil, then cook on full whack for 20 mins, shaking every 5 mins.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Going to practice Xmas dinner this weekend by roasting a chicken. Also have a go at roast spuds.
Any tips (y)

We do our chickens in a Ninja Dual & always start them off upside down for about 39 mins on roast then turn them over and air fry for about the same time, both at 190.

D-S

Visit site
We do our chickens in a Ninja Dual & always start them off upside down for about 39 mins on roast then turn them over and air fry for about the same time, both at 190.
We do the same (in a Ninja Dual too) we just give it 30 mins on either side - perfectly cooked. Just seasoned with salt and pepper with a lemon inside. Between 1.5 and 2 kg fits well.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
We do the same (in a Ninja Dual too) we just give it 30 mins on either side - perfectly cooked. Just seasoned with salt and pepper with a lemon inside. Between 1.5 and 2 kg fits well.

my post was supposed to say 30, bloody keyboard.

Reactions: D-S

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I had a blast with my air fryer over the xmas break.

Sausages are so much faster, from fresh to cooked in less than 10 mins is seriously cool stuff.

Chips, crispy chicken, re-heated roasties all came out perfect every time.

Can only see me using it more and more

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Screenshot_20230108-194637_copy_1024x2054.png

For anyone interested in power consumption compared to an oven.

So yellow line is the air fryer being turned on at 11:40 and red is off at 12:15 .. you can see by the graph how much pull powerwise it was using

Purple is the Oven being turned on 1745 Nd getting up to heat .. white is it going off , nothing else on in the house at the time ..(well same things in ie bulbs etc)

Apart from one burst it doesn't go above the oven when the oven is at its lowest (so keeping temp)

Just a shame the pie her mum made us couldn't fit in the air fryer!