Aimpoint

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
You'd be embarrassed? Not if you holed more putts, I reckon you'd soon get over it!

Is there any research out there which shows handicaps have come down due to better putting as a direct result of Aimpoint?
I’m not on a witch hunt btw, I’m genuinely interested. I considered the course a couple of years ago when my putting took a turn for the worst but decided against it in the end.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Most of the people posting are absolutely amateur golfers so there are no real stats but almost everyone says that their green reading improved with the course. Justin Rose certainly has a marked improvement in putting and has been doing Aimpoint.

Of course we have to hit the right pace of putt for the line chosen, and we still miss our share, but I also know that the course was worthwhile and I learned a lot from it. I've had lessons on chipping and iron play with some pro's and they have been rubbish too, it's " you pays your money ....... "

If Justin Rose is your benchmark then there are issues as he's only marginally better at putting than Rory!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Excellent and I genuinely hope it's worthwhile for you and hope to hear your feedback.

Despite some nonsense posts it's generally a good discussion if people can make a considered decision about whether or not to try it. I know I've learned some useful info.

Incidentally, one of the Pros I mentioned has dabbled with it this season so I'll make sure to ask him his thoughta next time he's around

I've not seen any nonsense posts. People offering opinions and having healthy debate is not nonsense.

Even somebody spitting the dummy because he has a lower handicap than me isn't really nonsense as he believes in the merits of what he's doing. That is a good thing.

Differing opinions and views is good.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder if everyone looks for handicap drop statistics to justify purchases with all the other things golfers buy for their bag/game.

The new putter threads would be great if this level of interest was shown in every thread where someone bought a new club but had no statistically relevant evidence to prove it was better for their game 😂

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
If Justin Rose is your benchmark then there are issues as he's only marginally better at putting than Rory!

Not saying it’s because of aimpoint, but he’s 6th Strokes gained putting this year on PGA tour, so as per usual you’re talking trash

Last edited:

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Intetesting one re: Rose as he isn't a 'bad' putter, it's just that the rest of his game is pretty much as good as it gets.

Just shooting the breeze here but I'd imagine (without knowing) his putting mechanics would be as good as it gets too...

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Interesting that Rose is currently 6th best in the PGA putting stats, I'd say he can putt a bit and has used Aimpoint for some time now.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Yep I’m sure they do 

One day you’ll admit you made a ridiculous statement with no truth around it.

Rose One putt percentage ranking 69th.

Rose Total putts within 5 feet ranking 171st.

Rose Total putts 5-10 feet ranking 150th.

Rose Total putts 10-15 feet ranking 165th.

Rose Total putts 15-20 feet ranking 192nd.

Rose Total putts 20-25 feet ranking 67th.

ALL RESULTS ACCURATE UP TO AND INCLUDING LAST WEEKS WYNDHAM CHAMPIONSHIP.

As I said stats are like miniskirts they reveal a lot but hide the most important part. As proven by your use of stats that you're making ridiculous statements.

:whoo:

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rose One putt percentage ranking 69th.

Rose Total putts within 5 feet ranking 171st.

Rose Total putts 5-10 feet ranking 150th.

Rose Total putts 10-15 feet ranking 165th.

Rose Total putts 15-20 feet ranking 192nd.

Rose Total putts 20-25 feet ranking 67th.

ALL RESULTS ACCURATE UP TO AND INCLUDING LAST WEEKS WYNDHAM CHAMPIONSHIP.

As I said stats are like miniskirts they reveal a lot but hide the most important part. As proven by your use of stats that you're making ridiculous statements.

:whoo:

The fact you’re using total putts shows how little you understand about stats

He’s also top 50 in the total putting stat.

You probably think Spieth is a good putter too don’t you.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The fact you’re using total putts shows how little you understand about stats

He’s also top 50 in the total putting stat.

You probably think Spieth is a good putter too don’t you.

Stats are like miniskirts. End of discussion petal.

:ears:

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is there any research out there which shows handicaps have come down due to better putting as a direct result of Aimpoint?
I’m not on a witch hunt btw, I’m genuinely interested. I considered the course a couple of years ago when my putting took a turn for the worst but decided against it in the end.

As I'm currently without club, I can't tell you, but hopefully that will be rectified in the coming weeks and if there are comps still to enter, I'll keep track of my putts. Mind you that may not be the whole story as my putting may be better but if it still takes me 6 to get on the green, 1 or 2 putts is not going to matter.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have dropped from 35.59 in 2012 when I did the first course (chart) to 32.34 putt on average in the last few years and maintained that sort of level. I do work on my putting but I simply think having a good read courtesy of aimpoint allows me to pick a start point, trust my stroke and try and get it starting on line with a good pace. That's what putting is all about whatever method you use. I simply feel more confident with my aim and my putting has got marginally better and held

D

Deleted member 16999

I have dropped from 35.59 in 2012 when I did the first course (chart) to 32.34 putt on average in the last few years and maintained that sort of level. I do work on my putting but I simply think having a good read courtesy of aimpoint allows me to pick a start point, trust my stroke and try and get it starting on line with a good pace. That's what putting is all about whatever method you use. I simply feel more confident with my aim and my putting has got marginally better and held
Has your handicap come down by 3 shots in that period?