Advice re Kilts from me north of the borders colonial cousins.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Last week Mr and Missis Tash had a fantastic five days in Italy. I have said to Missis T I have got to a stage in my life that time with friends is more important than ever. I don’t know if it’s coz I am getting old. But company of good friends who have been with me through thick and thin is important to both Mr and Missis T. Last week we really did go down memory lane in Italy with friends I met 21 years ago.
Whilst there I got Txting with friends I met last year in Mauritius. Next month we are meeting in Scotland for 3 days. One night in the Drovers pub for me and Missis T being romantic 😉. and 2 nights at Cairndow stagecoach inn.
For some reason I suggested having a night going out in Kilts. This is where the massive problems start. I have worn one ( hired for a wedding) before and I certainly have the legs and other attributes😉. But I don’t have a kilt. I have looked at hire again and flippin eck there expensive. However I have seen one on a selling site and there are a few possible problems.
1, the kilt and jacket are a size larger than would be perfect for me, can a kilt and Jacket be taken in.
2, However The most important thing for me, unless I am over thinking is. The tartan is “ Black Watch”. Would there be a problem wearing a tartan that is so distinguished. It is not my intentions to upset anyone by wearing a kilt that is not appropriate.

Thoughts from my Scottish cousins appreciated.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tbh, so long as it is worn correctly I don’t believe Scottish people in the main have an issue with it.

Cultural appropriation is more of an American thing.
I was hoping the emojis after my post showed it was meant very much tongue in cheek. I think the idea of CA is largely a pile of tosh 😄

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Last week Mr and Missis Tash had a fantastic five days in Italy. I have said to Missis T I have got to a stage in my life that time with friends is more important than ever. I don’t know if it’s coz I am getting old. But company of good friends who have been with me through thick and thin is important to both Mr and Missis T. Last week we really did go down memory lane in Italy with friends I met 21 years ago.
Whilst there I got Txting with friends I met last year in Mauritius. Next month we are meeting in Scotland for 3 days. One night in the Drovers pub for me and Missis T being romantic 😉. and 2 nights at Cairndow stagecoach inn.
For some reason I suggested having a night going out in Kilts. This is where the massive problems start. I have worn one ( hired for a wedding) before and I certainly have the legs and other attributes😉. But I don’t have a kilt. I have looked at hire again and flippin eck there expensive. However I have seen one on a selling site and there are a few possible problems.
1, the kilt and jacket are a size larger than would be perfect for me, can a kilt and Jacket be taken in.
2, However The most important thing for me, unless I am over thinking is. The tartan is “ Black Watch”. Would there be a problem wearing a tartan that is so distinguished. It is not my intentions to upset anyone by wearing a kilt that is not appropriate.

I reckon about 97% of Scots wouldn't know what tartan it was, fill yer sporran and have a great time.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

Sadly my post was deleted 😪

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So me kilt, sporran, ghillie shirt and socks have arrived. We had already decided that the night to wear them is Saturday night.
As with all things in my life, it then tends to go tits up. I will be sat in a pub in Scotland wearing my gear watching the England game. If England score, and it’s a big if. I will be one of only two people in Scotland Saturday night wearing a kilt that’s cheering. I don’t think I will get out alive. 😖

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So me kilt, sporran, ghillie shirt and socks have arrived. We had already decided that the night to wear them is Saturday night.
As with all things in my life, it then tends to go tits up. I will be sat in a pub in Scotland wearing my gear watching the England game. If England score, and it’s a big if. I will be one of only two people in Scotland Saturday night wearing a kilt that’s cheering. I don’t think I will get out alive. 😖
I'll be cheering for England as I did last night.
Never worn a kilt though.