Advice on(non electric) golf trolley.

steve7

Head Pro
Visit site
Evening and hope you all had a good Christmas.
Looking to buy a golf trolley for my cart bag,can anyone recommend any as I am looking to purchase shortly.
All replies appreciated.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
All I would say is try and get a three-wheeler that you push rather than a two-wheeler pull trolley. Biomechanically speaking, it is considerably less effort pushing it than pulling it and much less strain on your joints (particularly shoulder and upper back areas).

I got mine from Argos of all places for about £30 and it does the job brilliantly.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi Steve
I have a three-wheeler by Powakaddy (not electric)and am very pleased with it, though £60+ at nearest golf shop. Here's what I wrote on the blog:
And finally, I have completed my purchase of new kit with a Powakaddy Twinline 3 trolley, a more compact version of the Twinline 1. I tried it out today with my smart new bag and was very satisfied. It's a manual trolley but for pushing rather than pulling.The trolley felt well-balanced and I found the hills less tiring. Best of all, the bag didn't move and inch. It's pretty easy to put up and down, but I have one small quibble over the trolley design; the footbrake prevents the trolley folding completely flat. For now we've disabled the brake and I'm parking carefully!
cheers
AliB

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I have to say that although it's a quality item, the Powakaddy is a bit on the expensive side for a manual trolley.

One question.............how much golf do you play? Does it warrant a £60 outlay or would a cheaper option be more viable?
I own two troleys. One being a powered trolley, the other being a Dunlop pull troley which cost me £14 from Sportsworld. So far it has served me well for my 9 hole and 18 hole games. It also folds up smaller than any other trolley I have seen.

Horses for courses to be quite honest.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree with AliB.

I've got the Powakaddy Twinline 3 too. Great piece of kit apart from the useless brake. Light and very sturdy but I don't use it in the winter. I carry my bag then to keep my hands in my pockets and warm up with the extra exercise. Certainly worth the money, I think.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Fair point, Basher, but I play 3 - 4 times each week and found cheap trolleys were always falling over in wind and on slopes and my bag constantly slewed round so that clubs were bunched together. Investing in the trolley and a 'nearly new' bag with compartments cost me £100 in total but has saved me hours of pointless frustration. I'm happy!
AliB

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Point taken AliB.

With the amount of golf you play you are wise to buy a good quality trolley.
I had the misfortune of seeing my trolley and bag upend in the wind. My troley was sitting on the hill. Unfortunately my ball compartment was open........yes, you guessed right, the vast majority spewed out and roled down the hill.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I also have a Powercaddy Twinline 3 and can support the other comments that it is worth the extra money. Have wasted too much on cheap trolleys that do not do the job.