Advice from the Leeds lot

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Everyone differs but I reckon Headingley is better than Sand Moor (I'm a bit biased as used to be a member at Headingley) - Moortown and Alwoodley are pretty well clear of anything else in Leeds, personally not a big fan of Moor Allerton and think Leeds/Cobble Hall is underrated
Wash your mouth out ?. 10-18 are fabulous, the other options are good enough and the overall vibe there is very friendly.

For the cost of the green fee, in comparison to the 2 big boys mentioned, it is a fantastic day out.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
10-18 definitely the pick of the three - always think the 23rd there is in the strangest tee shots I've ever played. Pretty sure you could play Headingley or Sand Moor for less

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
10-18 definitely the pick of the three - always think the 23rd there is in the strangest tee shots I've ever played. Pretty sure you could play Headingley or Sand Moor for less
I paid £35 to play Moor Allerton in August this year, mid week. You can't get on Sand Moor for that but I can't see headingley. It may well be cheaper or similar. I have also heard plenty of good things about it so it is certainly a course I'd like to play at some point.

That part of the world is very well blessed for courses. To not be a fan of Moor Allerton in comparison says a good deal for the options there.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
When I was a member there as a very young man oh those many moons ago it was always a contest to see who could cut the corner over the trees. Easier from the back tees as you had more distance to get the height. I never managed it.

The top 9 (19-27) was always my favourite.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
When I was a member there as a very young man oh those many moons ago it was always a contest to see who could cut the corner over the trees. Easier from the back tees as you had more distance to get the height. I never managed it.

The top 9 (19-27) was always my favourite.

The trees have grown a lot I think since then, if the tress weren't there it would be brilliant. Where do you play now?

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
The trees have grown a lot I think since then, if the tress weren't there it would be brilliant. Where do you play now?
At the moment, Scarcroft as a PMG member. Would love to rejoin MAGC, as there is a lot of history there (my father & grandfather are on the honours boards), but the fees are a bit out of reach.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Everyone differs but I reckon Headingley is better than Sand Moor (I'm a bit biased as used to be a member at Headingley) - Moortown and Alwoodley are pretty well clear of anything else in Leeds, personally not a big fan of Moor Allerton and think Leeds/Cobble Hall is underrated
Steer clear of Moor Allerton in the winter. Very claggy.