Hampshire tour advice sought

nyckuk

Visit site
As a budget option can I recommend Portsmouth golf course https://www.glendalegolf.co.uk/portsmouth-golf-course/
Like Southampton its an Ex council course but now run by Glendale .
It has fantastic views in one direction of Portsmouth , the solent and Isle of wight and in the other direction the south downs

If you do play Hayling (a great course) get a course map , On a few of the tees i didnt have a clue where i was supposed to be hitting it ,but fortunately 2 of my friends are members so helped me out .The 2 times ive played it , it was windy

Klimski

Visit site
Okay, update: thanks for all the tips. However, Hampshire will have to wait as we are now flipping the coin on Cornwall (Perranporth / Mullion / Newquay) or Kent (Canterbury or Faversham, Westgate or Walmer, N Foreland). Oh, the life of 'head of touring' for our lovely foursome. (To be honest, I almost enjoy the research more than the travel).

Last edited:

MACM85

Visit site
As a budget option can I recommend Portsmouth golf course https://www.glendalegolf.co.uk/portsmouth-golf-course/
Like Southampton its an Ex council course but now run by Glendale .
It has fantastic views in one direction of Portsmouth , the solent and Isle of wight and in the other direction the south downs

If you do play Hayling (a great course) get a course map , On a few of the tees i didnt have a clue where i was supposed to be hitting it ,but fortunately 2 of my friends are members so helped me out .The 2 times ive played it , it was windy

I would second Portsmouth Golf Club, Played in a club match the other day and the course had some blinding holes and played really well. Good test in places and you have to think your way round on parts rather than just let it rip!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Okay, update: thanks for all the tips. However, Hampshire will have to wait as we are now flipping the coin on Cornwall (Perranporth / Mullion / Newquay) or Kent (Canterbury or Faversham, Westgate or Walmer, N Foreland). Oh, the life of 'head of touring' for our lovely foursome. (To be honest, I almost enjoy the research more than the travel).
North Foreland all day long if you do Kent! Lovely course!