Adjusting my driver

sulgolf

Visit site
Hi guys, recently copped a Lynx Predator driver, and I wanna adjust the loft as it’s not quite right, how do I go about doing that, it looks like a fairly simple set up but just wanna clarify how to do it?
Cheers

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it's on an adjustable adapter you simply unscrew the adapter, rotated head as required and indicated, re torque the screw using the tool provided (or with care and a torx bit if that's what you are using.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also when tightening the screw keep turning until you hear it click that will be it locked it place,
It's not really locked - the click is simply the torque setting of the tool, designed primarily to ensure that the (lightweight) adapter screw and thead aren't damaged.
More a case of if you tighten it correctly (to that torque) without any foreign matter present etc - it shouldn't come undone....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
How do these adjustable heads work. So you rotate the clubhead and clearly that makes it either open or closed relative to where it started. Do you just then grip it so it's square - and that's it? I just can't picture in my head how the lofting up/down then works. Guess it just does.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
And do it over a carpet or grass in case the head comes off the shaft, I did an old TM driver once over my patio and the head fell from my grip and put a nice ding in it :(

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also when tightening the screw keep turning until you hear it click that will be it locked it place,
Always a scary moment. It feels as though you are going to snap it off but then you hear the click, OP it is substantial, and you can exhale and breathe properly again.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How do these adjustable heads work. So you rotate the clubhead and clearly that makes it either open or closed relative to where it started. Do you just then grip it so it's square - and that's it? I just can't picture in my head how the lofting up/down then works. Guess it just does.
I think the Cobra one can adjust the loft without opening or closing the face.
Sure I saw it somewhere.
Not a fan of adjustable heads really ,as only one setting suits you so the real value is when you sell it on at least your buyer can set it to his swing.
Have adjusted mine and it looks no different might on a robot but not me.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
The adapter has a bend in it so that if you turn it a certain way the loft is reduced & vice versa. Most don't do anything to the face angle. The ones which adjust the face angle are a waste of time. If you put the club flat on the ground, then grip the club, fair enough, but if you orient the face by adjusting your grip then you effectively negate any built in face angle adjustment.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Take a look at the adapter. It has a 'cam' in the middle between the head and the shaft which sits on a ring inside the hosel. Clever bit of engineering really as it is slight more complicated design. With Titleist adapters they use two rings and it gets out of the opening and closing the clubface when the loft is altered if you do not want it to. Many more settings than the TM ones.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ps it is important to match the tool to the head

The old silver TM adapters have a lower torque setting compared to the white ones.