Adidas golf hoddie

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
According to my rudimentary research (Googled it), hoodies were invented in the 1930s, yet some of you talk about them like it's alien attire from another planet. :LOL: It's only a jumper that also keeps your head warm and dry for Christ's sake.
Does make you look like a glue sniffer though.
(disclaimer). I have a few

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
the only thing wrong with that is the cost £50 for a hoodie, get one from Primark for a £10 instead(y)
I'm ashamed to say, despite my repeated protests, that my daughter has bought clothes from Primark before. After washing they lose shape, bobble, colours fade. There is a reason they are £10. The Adidas top should not do any of that.

They are not my cup of tea but it is a nice variation. It will certainly appeal to younger golfers, reduce the staid image of golf, and so that can only be a good thing.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Simple rule at our club if it is sold in a golf shop you can wear it on the course.

I have to jackets with hoods but they are the type that folds in to the collar. Both are Goretex. They are great for stopping the water running down the back of you neck when bending over the ball (I wish I had been wearing one of them on Monday).

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Soon as it's worn on tour it's fine

Anyone who has an issue point out well the pros wear them and I got from a golf shop so kindly leave me alone

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personally I'm not a fan but wouldn't choke on my lunch if I saw someone wearing one. Just don't see the point on the golf course, people I've seen wearing waterproofs with hoods just flap about in the breeze and annoy them as you can't play with a hood up.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Ignoring the hood, the one Hatton wore today actually looked quite thick and bulky, not ideal for swinging a club.

Or has Hatton eaten all the pies? ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you like it great.
I wouldn’t wear one.
Top of your backswing the hood must turn with your shoulders.
Don’t see why you can’t wear one ,when you see some really bad hats and clothes on the course.

Reactions: MrC

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm not against hoods on the course. In fact I think they make a lot of sense.

Just not a fan of these Adidas ones.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Danielle Kang was wearing an adidas one yesterday too (there must have been a memo sent out from Adidas HQ)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Ha ha they can wear what they want though it appears ?

Although with her cold weather baggy trousers on as well as the hoodie she wouldn’t have looked out of place standing outside an off-license playing kick the can and asking passer-by’s for some cash to buy a bottle of jagermeister :giggle:

sunshine

Visit site
Danielle Kang was wearing an adidas one yesterday too (there must have been a memo sent out from Adidas HQ)

The more well known players have "scripting" for bigger tournaments: adidas, nike etc will publish the outfits for all 4 days on their websites and social media. So all it takes is a couple of clicks and you can tee it up at the weekend looking like Rory (apart from the swing).