Adare Manor 2026 Ryder Cup venue

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I quite like Belle Dunes played it years ago with my dad and Hardelot.

I walked the whole course at Le Golf National when watching the RC, 17 was the blandest of the holes on the estate and is exactly as you describe it, but when you consider before it was a golf course it was a waste disposal site meaning the whole thing is manufactured, its certainly a thing of beauty.
Oh I agree as a whole the course is superb.

There's 2 others that whilst better holes aren't really in keeping with the stadium course design. Can't recall hole numbers but one had a raised tee and green played between dunes, the other I believe about sixth hole is the one alongside the boundary fence where there is a dune on the left and a split fairway divided by rough.

sunshine

Visit site
Going back to the original topic, I read that Adare Manor has capped the course with 200,000 tonnes of sand to improve drainage and create fast and firm fairways. That's quite some effort.

By some people's definition, it is now a links course :LOL:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Going back to the original topic, I read that Adare Manor has capped the course with 200,000 tonnes of sand to improve drainage and create fast and firm fairways. That's quite some effort.

By some people's definition, it is now a links course :LOL:

Loch Lomond are doing the same and apparently it's made a phenomenal difference to playability and drainage.