Adare Manor 2026 Ryder Cup venue

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I think the coaches are somewhat more to due with which ones have the best online exposure...

But the courses, nope. They are properly evaluated. If you were to play Sunningdale, the Brabazon and Turnberry for example you would see why they are highly rated. You’d also still be able to clearly see which ones are better.
Its all subjective, you only have to see the views on TOC to see that.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I stand by the Lakes / Links. It has been described as such by multiple publications and commentators.

A parkland would be tree lined fairways. I personally wouldn't describe it as a parkland, the way you would think of the Belfry, Celtic Manor, Adare Manor etc.

D

Deleted member 21258

I’d imagine those top 100 lists probably have 90/95 the same courses. Obv exact rankings are subjective. But it’s still an indicator of quality.

You will be surprised how different some of the lists are, compare TGs to GM top 100 of UK/Ireland. There are some differences, will have to cross check as have some spare time on my hands as not got much work in(ignoring ones that GM exclude, when TG doesn't)

I do remember Machrihanish dunes are not in top 100 in GM but quite low in TG. Even rubbish Dundonald (;):p)makes top 100 on TG iirc but doesn't make GMs list, lots of differences. Walton Heath was wildly different in listing number iirc

Do agree on the quality comment (y)

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
You will be surprised how different some of the lists are, compare TGs to GM top 100 of UK/Ireland. There are some differences, will have to cross check as have some spare time on my hands as not got much work in(ignoring ones that GM exclude, when TG doesn't)

I do remember Machrihanish dunes are not in top 100 in GM but quite low in TG. Even rubbish Dundonald (;):p)makes top 100 on TG iirc but doesn't make GMs list, lots of differences. Walton Heath was wildly different in listing number iirc

Do agree on the quality comment (y)

All nice courses for sure.
I'm also sure if i had enough cash i could build a course and get it in to the top 100.

sunshine

Visit site
I stand by the Lakes / Links. It has been described as such by multiple publications and commentators.

A parkland would be tree lined fairways. I personally wouldn't describe it as a parkland, the way you would think of the Belfry, Celtic Manor, Adare Manor etc.

So if you remove the trees on a parkland course it becomes a links?

D

Deleted member 1147

Surely Le Golf National is a stadium course, which is, of course, just a parkland with hillocks!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not necessarily - but it would probably have more of a moorland / heathland feel to it, depending on the native plants.
I think you may have missed the point about what constitutes a links course.

D

Deleted member 21258

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Given the success of the Open at Portrush it makes perfect sense to host it in Ireland especially given their strong links to RC history. With all the investment made to the course it suggests they know something and are already making the necessary preparations

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Absolutely extortionate price to play. Around 375 euros per round and you need a caddy which is 70 euro on top...

Just had a quick look, Le Golf National are offering a stay and play deal at €220pp for 2 players over the summer. Having been there in september on the Sunday, I know where i'd rather put my green fee cash!