Adare Manor 2026 Ryder Cup venue

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Just had a quick look, Le Golf National are offering a stay and play deal at €220pp for 2 players over the summer. Having been there in september on the Sunday, I know where i'd rather put my green fee cash!
If the 2nd round isn’t on L’albatross id consider elsewhere....

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Only people who don't know what a links is

You're right. I'm sure the top100 website don't know what a links is. Neither does Sky commentator Ewen Murray.

Sandy soil, heather, gorse, natural undulations, not many trees and a bit of a breeze.

Looks and plays like a links.

Only feature missing, the sea, is ironically the feature you don't actually come into contact with at a true links course and don't even see on many links courses.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There must be big plans for the roads and infrastructure.

When you drive down the west of Ireland, adare is basically the full stop in the road. A real pinch point even on a quiet day.

Could do wonders for the area if and I assume they will go to town on the place before 2026.

D

Deleted Member 1156

You're right. I'm sure the top100 website don't know what a links is. Neither does Sky commentator Ewen Murray.

Sandy soil, heather, gorse, natural undulations, not many trees and a bit of a breeze.

Only feature missing, the sea, is ironically the feature you don't actually come into contact with at a true links course and don't even see on many links courses.
A links course is beside the sea. The term historically refers to the sandy, non arable land between the sea and the usable farming land that 'links' the two. There are some but not many links courses where you can't see the sea.

D

Deleted member 21258

There must be big plans for the roads and infrastructure.

When you drive down the west of Ireland, adare is basically the full stop in the road. A real pinch point even on a quiet day.

Could do wonders for the area if and I assume they will go to town on the place before 2026.

Exactly what we experienced on that road and why we got to see some of the course from the road.

sunshine

Visit site

Er, the top100 website doesn't state that Walton Heath is a links.

Please read the article again, "plays like a links" is inferring that it is not a links. Unfortunately I'm giving you a fail and you will need to reset the test. No house points for you this week. Can't believe I have to help people with reading comprehension :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry but are you seriously suggesting that Walton “HEATH” is a links course ?!?!

Do you also think Hankley Common and Sunningdale New are Links as well ?!

It was bad enough when you thought Paris National which is a pure stadium Parkland was Links ?!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
According to papas, le golf national is always windy due to very open countryside, rarely less than 15 mph.

If it has a railway by it as well.........;)

I’ll let you know after a second look in 3 weeks. €75 a round for the 2 weeks after the greens are treated. I figure if I go on the last day before it goes up to €220 it can’t be bad......

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've used the phrase Links like. People often refer to Walton Heath as a links - it is inland, but has many of the features of a Links.

Never ever heard of Walton Heath, a classic heathland course described as a links! Not once.

Wolf

Visit site
I've used the phrase Links like. People often refer to Walton Heath as a links - it is inland, but has many of the features of a Links.
I'm really confuse your description of courses🤔

I went to Le Golf National to see the RC that is as LP says pure parkland stadium course. You can see the set up and holes from many vantage points because of the stadium styling but it's very much parkland in its design.

Walton Heath a links? Would you say The Hotchkin is a links then or Sunningdale. I think you need closer look at the courses you describe before you post what they are 😂

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'm really confuse your description of courses🤔

I went to Le Golf National to see the RC that is as LP says pure parkland stadium course. You can see the set up and holes from many vantage points because of the stadium styling but it's very much parkland in its design.

Walton Heath a links? Would you say The Hotchkin is a links then or Sunningdale. I think you need closer look at the courses you describe before you post what they are 😂

I think some. Courses in France they try and mix it up a little. Belle dunes in France is parkland and links for example.

I played Golf National and a few of the holes which weren't shown on TV too often were certainly different in set up. 17 is bland and has man made dunes for want of a better word either side of the fairway.

Wolf

Visit site
I think some. Courses in France they try and mix it up a little. Belle dunes in France is parkland and links for example.

I played Golf National and a few of the holes which weren't shown on TV too often were certainly different in set up. 17 is bland and has man made dunes for want of a better word either side of the fairway.
I quite like Belle Dunes played it years ago with my dad and Hardelot.

I walked the whole course at Le Golf National when watching the RC, 17 was the blandest of the holes on the estate and is exactly as you describe it, but when you consider before it was a golf course it was a waste disposal site meaning the whole thing is manufactured, its certainly a thing of beauty.