A tale of two halves

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well today was exactly that went out in level par and collapsed on the back nine to limp home with 36 points :angry: :angry:

Ah well always next week :mad:

or will I keep my handicap high for Ballyliffin ;)

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well today was exactly that went out in level par and collapsed on the back nine to limp home with 36 points :angry: :angry:

Ah well always next week :mad:

or will I keep my handicap high for Ballyliffin ;)

Thats some shooting round that front 9 mate :thup: Well played

Dont know about you but I feel the front 9 at your gaff is the harder of the two 9s so to shoot level par is good golf and sets you up great for the future once youve played the course a few more times.

Could be a big cut in the offing this season :)

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Here's hoping about the cut. You know my aim for his year and that proves to me the lessons are working and I am capable.

On another note looks like the fairways should be back in play at the end of the month.

Matty

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was wondering about this sort of thing only yesterday, I played awful for the first part of my round but finished off very strong. I'm not sure which is worse, starting strong and then having a collapse or struggling to start and finishing strong. I'm tending to think the latter as your most recently memories are positives. But level par on the front 9 is some great golf - so you know it's in there! ;)

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you play to your capabilities your more than able to reach your target

Will be down for a game in the near future, god knows we may even manage to get Bob along to the right course :rolleyes:

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played 18 at Hollins Hall and was really chuffed with how I played consdiering it was my first 18 for about 5 months. First 2 holes were good, then had a poor 5 holes but then finished the last 11 really well, hit some really nice shots and didn't score higher than 6. Went round in 100, scoring 45 on the back 9 which I'm really pleased with. Just need to carry on now and build on it (hopefully).

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
23 points on the way out, 15 on the way back. Games of 2 halves is right.
I'm blaming going out without breakfast and getting tired on the back 9.

On a positive note, I played some really nice stuff, just got hit by some blow up holes.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit of a back 9 collapse for me to today.

Went out in 24 points that included a blob and a 4 putt for a double bogey.

Came back in 18 points so shouldn't complain but after the front 9 it felt like a collapse.

Just hope i can carry the form on for another month or so till the season starts.