A sad day for football

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
1) The surrey reds get an extra 2 1/2 minutes out of nowhere yet again, as always happens, clearly bent refereeing.

2) At chavski, Howard Webb denies us a stonewall 100% penalty. Again clearly as bent as hell as if it wasnt a penalty, keane should have been booked for diving.

Both clear examples of why football is getting bang out of shape. These crooked refs should be kicked out of the game as they are just pure scum.

Yes I am bitter about our game, its nothing against chelsea, they have been the better side, I am just so bitter and twisted about the ref.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's not football anymore it's business and money talks,the big 4 MU, Ch, Ars, L'pool, will never be in a position were they are in danger of relegation or even mid table. the refs do as they ARE TOLD, OR THEY GET MORE REFS THAT WILL.The F.A are scared to death of the premier league splitting from them and going it alone. A penalty here, extra time there, bookings and sending off's all appearing at the right time, the other clubs in the premier league put up with it 'cos they have no choice and they are lucky to be there.It is a disgrace.

D

Deleted member 1740

Jon, i think keane should've pulled the trigger ala torres yesterday, although it was a pen i think he made a meal of it going down.

As for the mancs, you shouldn't be surprised with fergies extra time after all the years they've been looked after!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Dodger, I am absolutely biased towards spurs, but I wanted manure to win today and still despised the refs actions in that game.

This isnt about my beloved team losing, it is about corruption and how this corruption could cost teams hugely at the end of the season in terms of possible relegation because that bent crook webb and his similar "bitches to the big 4" made a bent decision here and there.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have you not seen the sign in the referees room at Man Utd. If the scores are level play on until next goal wins unless United concede when its is mandatory to give offside/pushing/bad body odour from the goalscorer and then blow for full time

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If it wasn't a pen,Keane has to get booked for diving.

Neither were given & that says it all,he knew Keane didn't dive & bottled it

CVG

Assistant Pro
Visit site
NOt sure about the Spurs game but it was a joke that Manure got extra time until they scored, the EPL has turned into a complete joke.

I have to say up front I have no interest in football at all but did I miss something here? Was the extra time just for Utd? I thought two sides played? City fans are complaining that the other side had extra time, until they scored but why aren't they complaining that their side couldn't score in the time available?

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I am not a Man U fan in fact I dislike them a lot, but I thought it was funny, Hughes never used to mind playing till Utd won when he played for them. And the reason I think the pen wasn't given is because Keane stayed on his feet to long before going down.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
1) The surrey reds get an extra 2 1/2 minutes out of nowhere yet again, as always happens, clearly bent refereeing.

2) At chavski, Howard Webb denies us a stonewall 100% penalty. Again clearly as bent as hell as if it wasnt a penalty, keane should have been booked for diving.

Chavski deny us? Who is us - Chatham United?

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
English Premier League?

Marred by the concentration of overpaid foreign prima donnas who think that a near tackle gives you the right to immediately dive, roll around in the throes of deepest agony with the sole intention of gaining an advantage and getting the (non) offending opponent punished!

Championship, League 1 and League 2. Proper football!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I love all this stuff about refs favouring the big 4. Arsenal have already had 3 bolted on pens ignored this season, 2 clear opposition sending offs ignored, and ok, one dive given agains the hoops. Not sure how we're benefitting from all these biased decisions?

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tend to look at refs decisions impartially, I try and give them as much benefit of doubt for their horrendous decisions sometimes, like could they see clearly, did they ask linesman opinion, with my on screen view did I feel it was right or wrong decision etc etc? Now I always do this and yet so many times I conclude that refs get it so wrong so often at the highest level that video recall should be part of the game as many refs just cannot keep pace. I have witnessed far too many obvious howlers by refs to accept the old cliche that it all evens out through a season as some kind of excuse for their cock ups or admission that they are not good enough alone. The speed at which vid replays can be produced in no way would interfere with general play, lets face it , they can add on minutes galore like its going out of fashion so a few secconds getting the right decision from vid evidence is worth it.

Dont settle for arrogant posturing, only settle for the right decision!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
many moons ago, while on holiday, I watched a Spanish 3rd division game. (This was back in the late 60's when any self-respecting English centre half would kick the opposition off the pitch - literally, subtle they were not.)
It was dire, falling over matchsticks if an opponent was in the same half, mobbing the referee for every decision - and woe betide him if he penalised the home team.

Don't have to travel to see this now - just watch the EPL (which I don't)