a round of golf with a pro

Fabia999

Visit site
Hey,

If you had to play a round with somebody outside of the top 20, who would you pick and why?

I'm thinking Mickelson, mainly because i think he would have good banter.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Someone like Darren Clarke, just because he seems like a good bloke. Any Tour Pro is going to have a game that is on another planet compared to mine, it doesn't really matter if they're ranked 5 or 500, so I'd pick someone with some good tales to tell!

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
GMac much better choice (IMHO) than Clarke, have encountered Clarke a few times and he's not super company. Sully is a great choice, seen him on a few youtube vlogs and he's good value. Ernie Els might be a shout too?

Hackers76

Visit site
Matt Wallace so I’m not the angriest guy on the course! Although I would rather wait for Adam Scott to drop out of the top 20. Used to bet on him every major and as soon as I stopped he bloody won. If I have a round with him I can see if I can get some money back ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love watching Henrik Stenson and he has a very good, dry sense of humour. It is so tempting to say him but I keep being drawn back to Phil Mickelson. I think it would be a good amount of fun with him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone who you could have a laugh with. Beef, Pepperell, Stenson, Fleetwood all seem decent guys. Ultimately I'd probably go for Bubba though as he's my favourite player to watch as well.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Matt Wallace so I’m not the angriest guy on the course!?
I've shoved a camera in Matt Wallace's face a couple of times, some people irattionally get upset with that - he's a nice guy and likes a laugh.

I'd go for Lydia Ko, lovely girl, has time to speak to anyone and I think she'd be good company or Christina Kim for the laughs - and I'd be less intimidated getting outdriven by 80 yards rather than the 150 most of the male pros would hit it past me.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I hope you all have a rather large amount of spare ££££££££££ or $$$$$$$$$$ if you think these players would just turn up and be performing circus clowns ?.

On the basis of the No Laying Up podcasts and his brief appearance on Sky I'd go for Jason Bohn, and I'd hope he'd turn up and be a performer ?.
Just googled him as I'd never heard of him - turned pro after winning $1 million for a hole in one while at college - wow

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have played with Darren a few times, although he was about 15 at the time.

Also played with Robert Garrigus, he can shift it, lovely down to earth bloke too, Ollie Fisher, also lovely bloke and easy to chat to, and one hole with Nick Faldo, but he is a [redacted].

I want to see long hitting and towering irons rather than precision wedge play, so I think Tony Finau would be fun to play with, or Nicolas Colsaerts. I have no desire to play with Phil Mick who is notoriously full of himself.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have played with Darren a few times, although he was about 15 at the time.

Also played with Robert Garrigus, he can shift it, lovely down to earth bloke too, Ollie Fisher, also lovely bloke and easy to chat to, and one hole with Nick Faldo, but he is a [redacted].

I want to see long hitting and towering irons rather than precision wedge play, so I think Tony Finau would be fun to play with, or Nicolas Colsaerts. I have no desire to play with Phil Mick who is notoriously full of himself.
Having watched Faldo and Lyle both of whom were not renowned for their humour playing Royal Wimbledon with just them, their caddies and a handful of spectators and no ropes so being able to chat with them between shots (and even have a go on a par 3 with Faldo's clubs) I found them a world away from their professional personas. I would have no hestitation in adding Faldo to my list.

If we were looking at retired pros there are a few I'd add. I'd love to play or have played with Seve, as my golfing hero but I'd also like to play with Trevino and perhaps a bit left field Tony Johnston. I love his commentating style and he seems able to chat about any subject with good grace and humour. Finally and for much the same reason that I like their personas how about a three ball with Radar and Beemer?

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have to say the beef.

Reason being you would feel like your wasting their time. Were I get the feeling with beef he'd be up for a laugh and likely be up for a few wee in game bets etc

O and likely go in for a pint after

At the other side of the coin as a learning experience from where my games at and tips etc on the course I pick padraig Harrington.