A momentous occasion

Gasp

Head Pro
Visit site
Today I bought my 15 month old daughter her first golf club. Using an old fashioned baseball grip she spanked a plastic cricket ball literally a yard down the hallway. I'm the proudest Dad in the world. Just thought I'd share this with you learned colleagues.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Steady on mate! Next you'll be forking out £29.99 for a set of jnr donnays/dunlops.......
Or being harassed for a set of Ping Moxie by a nearly teenager!!

Sweet.......get the muscles in shape now!!!

PS. did you do the scoreboard thing at school? (you'll know what I mean)

Dave.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great feeling George I bought the wee man a set of junior clubs last year for his 5th birthday, he got a driver, 7 iron, pw and putter.
He comes to the course and range with me and he loves playing, his best so far is an 11 on 160 yard par 3.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have to agree guys there is nothing better than taking our sons/daughters to the course and letting them rip with a few clubs. My youngest is 11 and his handicap is 27. He loves playing golf. I think he has the bug already.
Roll on the better weather when they can get back onto the course and play golf.

He will only use Nike balls, I wonder why?

Smudge

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good on her. Nothing better than getting on the short course with the kids, just watch out for the windows!!!!!

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Great stuff Gasp!

Cherish every moment mate, they grow up far too fast. Yesterday I found a few photos. Just your general family type, in the garden, on holiday etc.
The memories came flooding back, brought a smile to my face and almost a tear as I remembered the happy times when the kids simply adored their mummy and daddy! 16 years on, the love is still there from the kids, but you're not their hero anymore. Suppose it's called growing up.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Excellent mate, my wee one was three when she got her first graphite shafted club, got her a wedge and a putter as they will ultimately be the areas in which she needs to be good.
Ive got a couple of videos of her hitting them for the first time, she did suprisingly good too.
Watching them hitting the ball is an achievement alone for them as its an unnatural motion that they wont have been that familiar with.

T

thecraw

My wee one is only 14 months but I got him a putter at Xmas which the wife has hidden!!!!!!!!!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crikey....are we all Dads (or is it just this thread?)

Weird, we love our kids but would rather "forum-ise" than talk to h.i.d.? I let the missus watch housewife telly in the eve's, and I stare at the laptop, wishing I could be at the range/course/pub/temptation island?

Dave

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
am not a daddy, but i bought my nephew his first half set for xmas, he's 8. He's not really a natural but i cant tell you how happy i was when after his first million balls he hit a nice clean 7 iron 30 yards. Funny though after that i decided to hit a few and told him to just keep practicing and he kept watchin me tellin me i was the best golfer in the world, after a few more compliments i told him to carry on with his balls. About 5 mins went by and he hadn hit a ball, i looked into his bay and he lay all his balls in a nice neat pile, i told him to put then back in the basket but he insisted they would be ok there. After puttin his 7 iron away and reachin for his driver he proceeded to tee up his next ball. He made the best back swing i'd seen him do all day and then it all went pair shaped, he came down hard into the pile of balls he had layed out and they went every where except onto the grass, just about everyone on the range dropped there clubs and turned to see what happened, i went to shout at him and say told you so but couldn draw breath for laughing, made me realise what the game is all about, having fun and spendin quality time with friends or family, cant wait till he's old enough to take stick for it!

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Great stuff. George
Just remembering we bought our son a plastic play set when he was about three and he was so keen we had to make a hole in our lawn (we didn't even play golf then).
He's 25 now - think it's about time he took it up again!

alib