A Jolly Good Two Days

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I appreciate we're into the early hours of Saturday but seeing as though i am celebrating, and currently in a 5 min break in a poker tournament, i thought i would share the experiences which have put me in such a good mood....

Thursday - An appointment with Nicky (AKA - MGL), a custom fitting as my current clubs are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. A fantastic bloke who not only fitted me with clubs which will bring about an increase in confidence, but also pointed me in the direction of a few tips in terms of set up, stance and grip.

The new clubs should arrive next Thursday, all being well, and i literally cannot wait to get my hands on them on a course to see how they hold up against the consistency they produced during the fitting.

Friday
- After some breakfast and a read of the paper, i told the missus i was attending a meeting and would meet her at a restaurant i had booked for just the two of us as i would get back into town for 6pm. Secretly, i had our 4 daughters (6years old twins, 4YO and 1YO) meet us there and i popped the question, to which she said YES, through tears and sniffles, which i hope were tears of joy...but who knows?

Anyways it took me more than 5 mins to write this due to getting another tinnie and picking at some grub left over by the future mother-in-law............. (who set out a buffet for when we arrived back from the restaurant - even thought she knew we just eaten ?!!)

...and im out the poker, AK called an all in against JJ, although i hit an Ace on the flop, the turn produced a J and i was a goner!!

Happy WEEKEND everyone, im a happy chappy

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sorry guys forgot to mention the clubs...

ORKA!

I cant actually remember the exact irons we ended up with, nor the driver, woods, wedges or putter

As soon as i recieve them il stick a pic up, but im really looking forward to getting them on the course