A few piccies of Crowborough Beacon

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Can't be as bad as the 18th at Stoneham Nick. Now that is a hill.;)
Hmm, it is almost the same. The difference being that you start off going downhill for 50-70 yards before climbing to a green that is way above the level of the tee......... Good job the club put a bridge in that means you do not go to the bottom of the gorge :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Low scudded ones. :confused: Wind cheating missiles I think you mean Rob.:whistle:

From memory, that's a pretty good tee shot off the first - as long as it carries about 150!

For those of us who know 3PW, the guys on the 18th are in the most danger for his first shot of the day! :whistle:

Laughing Gravy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looks very nice.

As you know Smiffy, we'll be down in June to play it. Reminds me a little of Beaudesert from those pictures, but probably nothing like it in the flesh!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Lovely course. Played it with gm, and really enjoyed it. Played it 6 over gross last time, in the fog.

Nice to see what it looks like in daylight.

D

Deleted member 1418

Thanks for all your kind words. I'm very proud to be back there as a member.Going to look even better in a month or so when all the trees are "in leaf" and the fairways are manicured properly.Then I'll take some "proper" piccies.;)
Or just invite Paul back to take a load! I think I counted at least 5 pictures per hole yesterday!!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Hehehehe.
You're going down sucker
:D

Better luck next time Rob:whoo: Loved the hole up the steep hill. Drive, sandwedge, two foot birdie putt. Don't know what all the fuss is about.Oh and I hope I didn't tarnish your favourite hole with my birdie there as well. Talk about hearing a pin drop when that 30 footer dropped in;). 18th was a nice hole although I will not be taking you up your very kind offer to me for for hitting the green in two. :whistle:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
18th was a nice hole although I will not be taking you up your very kind offer to me for for hitting the green in two. :whistle:

I'm guessing he said those immortal 'Smiffy' words....

"If you hit this green in two I'll drop on my knees and suc............."?