4 Ball Group "refusing" to call a 2 ball through.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
The fact that people on this thread are saying that "standing" is or isn't a rule is everything that is wrong with golf. People need to get a life. Especially at my course. The sooner a small minority "leave" the better

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Guilty as charged your honour!

Played today with 3 old guys who I know. One is probably the slowest in The Club.2 were ex Captain’s. There was a 2 ball behind us followed by another 2 ball. On the 4th I said are we going to let this 2 ball through? The answer was no by one and another said there is another 2 ball behind!

I did apologise to the 2 ball later on and they were OK with the situation. unfortunately I was not!

To be perfectly frank perhaps you should have been more insistent with your playing partners ,not much point in apologizing to the others you held up after the event.

Just because they were ex captains shouldn’t have been an issue in fact that made it far worse, as a ex captain myself I wouldn’t dream of doing that.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
To be perfectly frank perhaps you should have been more insistent with your playing partners ,not much point in apologizing to the others you held up after the event.

Just because they were ex captains shouldn’t have been an issue in fact that made it far worse, as a ex captain myself I wouldn’t dream of doing that.
I accept it should not have been an issue. unfortunately it was 3 against 1. I do not usually play with these guys so in practice it was not as easy as if playing with my usual group.

The apology was not after the event but
later in the round and they were OK. It does not detract from the issue and appreciate your comment