A few piccies of Crowborough Beacon

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Crowborough Beacon Sun 11th March 12 006.jpgCrowborough Beacon Sun 11th March 12 021.jpgCrowborough Beacon Sun 11th March 12 023.jpgCrowborough Beacon Sun 11th March 12 033.jpgCrowborough Beacon Sun 11th March 12 041.jpgCrowborough Beacon Sun 11th March 12 048.jpgCrowborough Beacon Sun 11th March 12 057.jpgCrowborough Beacon Sun 11th March 12 112.jpgCrowborough Beacon Sun 11th March 12 126.jpgCrowborough Beacon Sun 11th March 12 115.jpgCrowborough Beacon Sun 11th March 12 075.jpgCrowborough Beacon Sun 11th March 12 096.jpg

Haven't been able to work out how to post full size piccies but if you click on the small ones they should expand a bit! Beautiful March day, course is really beginning to "come back" and should look absolutely stunning in the next month or so. Last piccie shows the carry off the 16th tee (par 4 and one of my favourites) and the 4th pic is the par 3 6th hole, one of the best par 3's you'll play anywhere. 7th pic is the view from the back tee, 10th (par 5). Hope you like 'em.

Last edited:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Blackmoor is flat as a pancake compared to this place. Make sure you take oxygen if Smiffy invites you to play there :) :)

Nice pictures Rob :thup:

Since my new course is on the side of a hill (which is slopey enough to have a dry ski slope built into it!), Crowborough and Camberley should be a breeze later this year! :mad:

Looks great Rob! Look forward to my invite :thup:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
cheers Smiffy. It's a cracking course, your pics brought back some memories when I played 36 holes there last summer. Where is pic 3 I can't place it?

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
cheers Smiffy. It's a cracking course, your pics brought back some memories when I played 36 holes there last summer. Where is pic 3 I can't place it?

That's the approach to the 4th (going left to right, top to bottom!)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

As Snaphookedwedge points out, that is the approach to the 4th, short par 4. Picture 2 is the view of the same hole taken from just in front of the yellow tee.
Although it's only short at 369 off the whites (all downhill too) it's a tough bugger sometimes and belies it's award of SI 17. When TXL, JustOne, Leftie and myself played there a few weeks ago, we only took one point off of it between us! Last two times out I've parred and birdied it. Tee shot has to be straight and if you really collar one you can be left with one of those tricky "half shots" were it's easy to ease off of it a little and end up in the right hand bunker, which can leave a tricky little shot across the green.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
As Snaphookedwedge points out, that is the approach to the 4th, short par 4. Picture 2 is the view of the same hole taken from just in front of the yellow tee.

that's why I didn't recognise it. I was in the heather on the left both rounds, the view of the fairway threw me !!:D

You don't really get a sense of the elevation change with the pics either