A bank holiday for funeral

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
We should have a day of mourning for the whole country. A Bank Holiday in her name would be a lasting and respected day to remember and admire Queen Elizabeth forever.

Discuss

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We should have a day of mourning for the whole country. A Bank Holiday in her name would be a lasting and respected day to remember and admire Queen Elizabeth forever.

Discuss
I agree, not least because if it's this weekend my birthday will be on a bank holiday week forever more. ?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have Victoria Day in Scotland, but it is to celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday, not her death. So perhaps Elizabeth Day could be April 21st.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What he said.

We don't need a day of mourning, people can make their own decision about how they deal with her death.

As for a bank holiday, people are always keen to throw another one in, yay another day off, but politicians have been rejecting it for years. If we did need another then, we don't now. There are more than enough monuments, parks etc in her name, she isn't going to be forgotten or ignored.

JSims

Visit site
We have Victoria Day in Scotland, but it is to celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday, not her death. So perhaps Elizabeth Day could be April 21st.
It's not a Bank Holiday though - or at least not everywhere.
Queen's Birthday might change, though I doubt it - as it was moved there from near hear actual birthday some time ago. It'll just be called King's Birthday in future.

Last edited:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
What he said.

We don't need a day of mourning, people can make their own decision about how they deal with her death.

As for a bank holiday, people are always keen to throw another one in, yay another day off, but politicians have been rejecting it for years. If we did need another then, we don't now. There are more than enough monuments, parks etc in her name, she isn't going to be forgotten or ignored.

Spoken like a true tight assed boss of a company ?

Last edited:

HPIMG

Visit site
I am flying to London on Wednesday 23rd should everything be back to normal by then, sorry if it sounds insensitive but just trying to figure out if I should have a backup plan.

D

Deleted member 1740

Someone has to pay for these extra bank holidays and when businesses are struggling its hard to justify another Bank Holiday.

My boss is a really good guy and has said if its a bank holiday he'll pay me.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
An extra day would be nice. Keep the extra jubilee day . We don't get many holidays compared to other countries.

But the 8 that we get are guaranteed. In most European countries if a BH falls on a weekend there is no "substitute" day given in lieu. That evens things up quite a lot.

JSims

Visit site
Has the title of this thread changed? I seem to remember it was originally a permanent BH suggestion.
I'm all for a BH for the funeral day, but not a permanent one.
Reading other posts, including the OP, the replies seemed to also be wrt the suggestion of a permanent BH!