Bank Holiday Bookings.

Genu9

Visit site
Should bank Holidays be members only. There are only a few days per year when 7 day members are able to play that extra day. Should Clubs reserve those days for members only?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
No. Other non-member golfers who work mon-fri are in exactly the same boat. Visiting golfers are a source of revenue that need to be maximised, so why deny them the opportunity to play when they might normally not be able to.

Genu9

Visit site
No. Other non-member golfers who work mon-fri are in exactly the same boat. Visiting golfers are a source of revenue that need to be maximised, so why deny them the opportunity to play when they might normally not be able to.
Do you mean those who aren't a member of any club? And the old source of revenue is wearing thin.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Should bank Holidays be members only. There are only a few days per year when 7 day members are able to play that extra day. Should Clubs reserve those days for members only?

Does the demand from members actually warrant banning non members? I mean are they filling every tee time

Sundays are dead most afternoons bank holidays won't be rammo

Genu9

Visit site
Does the demand from members actually warrant banning non members? I mean are they filling every tee time

Sundays are dead most afternoons bank holidays won't be rammo
No. Only the prime times. Which should be reserved for members. Societies/visitors can book months in advance if the Club allows.. Members, two weeks. 🤷🏻‍♂️

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Do you mean those who aren't a member of any club? And the old source of revenue is wearing thin.
No...I mean ANY golfer who isnt a member of the club in question. If a member of another club wants to pay, to play another club on a BH, then let him fill his boots...you never know...you might gain a new member down the road. Like it or not, maintaining revenue streams and garnering extra income from visiting golfers is crucial for many golf clubs.

No. Only the prime times. Which should be reserved for members. Societies/visitors can book months in advance if the Club allows.. Members, two weeks. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not at my club they cant...no societies on a BH Monday. Members will always have priority when booking a tee time but visitors arent banned.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On our 18 hole course Saturdays are firmly members (and members guests) only all year round where I play. There is an absolute bun fight for a slot most Saturdays no way is there time for visitors except for possibly after about 3pm. The club does not even allow interclub matches before 2pm on a Saturday.

I think that is the right thing to do

We allow visitors on any other days including Bank Holidays.

Visitors can play any day on our 9 hole course.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
No...I mean ANY golfer who isnt a member of the club in question. If a member of another club wants to pay, to play another club on a BH, then let him fill his boots...you never know...you might gain a new member down the road. Like it or not, maintaining revenue streams and garnering extra income from visiting golfers is crucial for many golf clubs.

Not at my club they cant...no societies on a BH Monday. Members will always have priority when booking a tee time but visitors arent banned.

I played my club for the first time on a Monday special deal that included bank holidays - 4 ball with buggies for £100. Played it on August bank holiday and joined the following year on the back of it.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Depends on the club. Most places I've been a member, Bank Hols are treated the same as a weekend.

If they allowed visitors at weekend, same rule applied and same price on a Bank Holiday.

Clubs may or may not need the "additional revenue." That drives how they treat BHs.

Regardless, any club's priority is to its membership. That doesn't mean "ignoring" external customers, but it might mean non members getting what's left over.

Visit site
I had a voucher for west hill which said it wasn’t valid at weekends. I tried to book on a Friday and they said that counts as a weekend day, and then I tried a bank holiday Monday and they said that’s a weekend too…

So I’ll have to tell my boss that Friday is the weekend 😬😂

Viewer

Visit site
I had a voucher for west hill which said it wasn’t valid at weekends. I tried to book on a Friday and they said that counts as a weekend day, and then I tried a bank holiday Monday and they said that’s a weekend too…

So I’ll have to tell my boss that Friday is the weekend 😬😂
Take a day’s holiday?

D

Deleted member 35504

Bank Holidays are usually dead on the golf course!
Agree with that, although a couple of places I've been at have long standing comps on certain days such as Easter Monday.

As a member of a decent club I'd prefer no random visitors on weekends and holidays, although common sense would say selling green fees on a BH Monday afternoon normally wouldn't cause any issues.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Our place is rammed on Bank Holidays....we go out as early as possible and hope the queue isn't too big on the 2nd 9...
Either that or just not bother.
Having no booking times it means you can't regulate how many people are on the course.
Last year, on one of the BH we started about 6, made the turn around 7.30 before most had got there.
Finished about 9.15 and there were queues on both starting tees.
By the time we left, after brekky, there were 25+ people on each tee and the play was very slow...too many people on the course.
Certainly at our place every BH should have to be booked...

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not at our place. No comps are held by weekend as "everyone is away". Fill your boots, come and play here.