36 hole resort england

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
we dont want the hassle of taxis and lugging stuff around…prefer on site

had some great responds on here and there are 6 or 7 worth a good look, but we do tend to like terrain thats a bit underlated or slightly hilly…i cant work out from pics on websites as they all look flat…
East Sussex National has undulations rather than being hilly, but it’s certainly not flat. Being biased, because I was a member last year I think in Summer it’s a solid choice for 36 championship holes, plenty of hotel rooms, multiple bars and places to eat (clubhouse and hotel). It’s a bit out on a limb if you wanted some night life but if you’re staying put I would recommend.
If you can stand it on YouTube Mark Crossfield has a round on East & West so you might be able to get a sense of the courses

OntheteeGavin

Visit site
For the distance you are travelling there are far better hotel and two course options available to you. Neither course at SbN is anything overly special.....it meets your requirement's purely because there are two courses and an on site hotel.

If you are travelling that far over this way I'd tell you to book a hotel in Ipswich and then book a round at Purdis Heath and another at Woodbridge (i.e. play the best courses the area has to offer)....no it doesn't meet your requirements but it would be far better value for your money than SbN.

I live in Ipswich....if someone offered me a two night stay and golf at SbN or a 2 night stay and golf at Carden Park in Cheshire for a similar price....I wouldn't choose SbN.

I live close to sbn and know 2 members. You have a very long journey. Course condition is inconsistent. Must be somewhere closer and better?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Another recommendation for St. Mellion, although casual once a month golfers may get bored of constantly having nowhere to miss. The Nicklaus course is a beast but still my favourite course even though it’s beat me up a LOT.

The Kernow course is quite short but has some really nice holes and definitely worth playing, though we always swop the stock package of 2 Kernow 1 Nicklaus for the other way round.

Hotel is ok, food is nice, and it’s so convenient walking from your room to the tee in minutes.
You also get 10% of your trip cost back in vouchers if your group is above a certain number, which is handy to use as prizes if you like to have a little competition.

If you can live with digs not quite being on site then Woodhall Spa could be worth a look.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Carden Park, Slaley Hall or Forest Pines (27 holes only). Probably all been mentioned.
Ramside too but we didn't really enjoy it, think it was the newer course but it may have changed/developed now.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Neither course at East Sussex National is flat. It's not hugely hilly, but it's certainly got elevation on some holes.