Dry(ish) resort course within 2 Hrs Yorkshire

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Given how wet this winter has already been I’d maybe plug for links courses as I reckon most courses will still be recovering in April.

D

Deleted member 17920

I've been looking around £100-110 for Forest Pines, Poratal kind of thing. I'm guessing Woodhall would be a touch more??
£152

1 round on each course

Overnight at the Dower house hotel 3 course evening meal plus breakfast.

Yes a bit more than the others but you get what you pay for ?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
£152

1 round on each course

Overnight at the Dower house hotel 3 course evening meal plus breakfast.

Yes a bit more than the others but you get what you pay for ?
Paul, Selby & Forest Pines are 'goat tracks' in comparison to Woodhall........ no kidding mate.
As Glynn says, you get what you pay for. If they haven't been to Woodhall then they have the chance of playing IMO the top Heathland course in the North of England... better than Alwoodley, Ganton & Moortown. In this case, a little bit mlore gets you an awful lot extra...... everyone I've taken there continues to rave about it years later. All the best.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Paul, Selby & Forest Pines are 'goat tracks' in comparison to Woodhall........ no kidding mate.
As Glynn says, you get what you pay for. If they haven't been to Woodhall then they have the chance of playing IMO the top Heathland course in the North of England... better than Alwoodley, Ganton & Moortown. In this case, a little bit mlore gets you an awful lot extra...... everyone I've taken there continues to rave about it years later. All the best.

I know mate, I really need to play there - it looks amazing. I'm not a great golfer as you know and my 2 mates are around about the same. I'll put it to them but think they may see it as a little bit too tough for them, we kind of just wanted to get away and play, have a beer and a catch up. Nothing too serious but I definitely want to get a game in there as some point.

If you want to go over I'd go with you if you fancied it in the new year though?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know mate, I really need to play there - it looks amazing. I'm not a great golfer as you know and my 2 mates are around about the same. I'll put it to them but think they may see it as a little bit too tough for them, we kind of just wanted to get away and play, have a beer and a catch up. Nothing too serious but I definitely want to get a game in there as some point.

If you want to go over I'd go with you if you fancied it in the new year though?
I see what you're meaning, Paul. So, the stay over in York is a good option with a game at, very sandy based, Selby & perhaps The Oaks, Sandburn Hall, Pike Hills or Wetherby (Spring weather dependent). Will give you a shout if heading Woodhall way next year.... all the best to you & yours matey.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I see what you're meaning, Paul. So, the stay over in York is a good option with a game at, very sandy based, Selby & perhaps The Oaks, Sandburn Hall, Pike Hills or Wetherby (Spring weather dependent). Will give you a shout if heading Woodhall way next year.... all the best to you & yours matey.

You too - definitely need a catch up next year.