36 hole resort england

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Look no further than The Nottinghamshire. You will not be disappointed.

But dont play it when they are holding a mixed pairs scramble where they play in fours but the two blokes share a buggy and the two women share a buggy. Makes for a slow round!!!!

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
looking for a 2 night break with golf for 12 of us
must have 2 courses on site
must be in england
any ideas?
got a budget of £350 ish
also , not the belfry,
we are being pushed towards in order…..forest of arden, slaley hall, and stoke by nayland
cheers

I know you want England this time, but if you fancy a jaunt across the bridge next time, The Vale Resort near Cardiff is to be highly recommended. Two great, and very different, courses and a good hotel and food. And only 45 minutes from England. Enjoy your break ?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know you want England this time, but if you fancy a jaunt across the bridge next time, The Vale Resort near Cardiff is to be highly recommended. Two great, and very different, courses and a good hotel and food. And only 45 minutes from England. Enjoy your break ?

He lives in wales, doesn’t he?

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’ve got a single handicap friend/acquaintance who works for a company based near St Mellion and he says it’s great, but the one course is very tough.
I‘ve seen someone (possibly Crossfield) on YT playing it and they loved it but commented how difficult it is.

thomasmark71

Visit site
I’ve got a single handicap friend/acquaintance who works for a company based near St Mellion and he says it’s great, but the one course is very tough.
I‘ve seen someone (possibly Crossfield) on YT playing it and they loved it but commented how difficult it is.
ive read the same..very difficult..and we got mix of handicapranging 10-28

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
why avoid..?

For the distance you are travelling there are far better hotel and two course options available to you. Neither course at SbN is anything overly special.....it meets your requirement's purely because there are two courses and an on site hotel.

If you are travelling that far over this way I'd tell you to book a hotel in Ipswich and then book a round at Purdis Heath and another at Woodbridge (i.e. play the best courses the area has to offer)....no it doesn't meet your requirements but it would be far better value for your money than SbN.

I live in Ipswich....if someone offered me a two night stay and golf at SbN or a 2 night stay and golf at Carden Park in Cheshire for a similar price....I wouldn't choose SbN.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Think you are referring to the Nicklaus course. It can be brutal and you don't have to be too far offline to lose a ball. It is a demanding course but also one well worth playing. The other course, the Kernow is much more playable. The question you'll need to ask is whether the higher handicappers will enjoy the Nicklaus if they are having a bad day

thomasmark71

Visit site
For the distance you are travelling there are far better hotel and two course options available to you. Neither course at SbN is anything overly special.....it meets your requirement's purely because there are two courses and an on site hotel.

If you are travelling that far over this way I'd tell you to book a hotel in Ipswich and then book a round at Purdis Heath and another at Woodbridge (i.e. play the best courses the area has to offer)....no it doesn't meet your requirements but it would be far better value for your money than SbN.

I live in Ipswich....if someone offered me a two night stay and golf at SbN or a 2 night stay and golf at Carden Park in Cheshire for a similar price....I wouldn't choose SbN.
we dont want the hassle of taxis and lugging stuff around…prefer on site

had some great responds on here and there are 6 or 7 worth a good look, but we do tend to like terrain thats a bit underlated or slightly hilly…i cant work out from pics on websites as they all look flat…