36 hole golf resort

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just come back from a trip to Carden Park and I can’t recommend it highly enough.

A fabulous hotel with the best room I have stayed in on a golf trip. Great food, good staff and really nice bar areas. The beer isn’t cheap (Guinness £7.40 a pint but guests do receive a 10% discount).

Played both courses and they are excellent. Few weak holes, if any, and a decent test without being overly difficult. The general consensus, after doing two-course resort trips for nearly twenty years, is that this is probably the best we have been to as an all round package. And we’ve been to lots of the big name venues.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Just come back from a trip to Carden Park and I can’t recommend it highly enough.

A fabulous hotel with the best room I have stayed in on a golf trip. Great food, good staff and really nice bar areas. The beer isn’t cheap (Guinness £7.40 a pint but guests do receive a 10% discount).

Played both courses and they are excellent. Few weak holes, if any, and a decent test without being overly difficult. The general consensus, after doing two-course resort trips for nearly twenty years, is that this is probably the best we have been to as an all round package. And we’ve been to lots of the big name venues.
Have to say £7.40 for a massively produce beer is extortionate.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ll pay good money for quality. But £7.40 for a Guinness is bonkers.
"Craft" is often overhyped and regularly falls short of "quality". But your point is fair.

However...Carden Park is a self contained resort with only Wrexham and Chester nearby as alternative "entertainment venues", so has a somewhat captive audience and, as well as being a popular wedding venue, is also gets hugely busy with racegoers (horse) and I guess that £7.40 is a rate that they can reasonably charge.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wow, that’s extortionate. If I was having more than a couple of pints I’d be getting a taxi elsewhere. We went to staverton a few weeks back, expensive there as well, one chap had a double rum and coke for £12. It was his only double rum and Coke of the trip!

Depends on what they’re hoping to achieve I guess, but you’d think they’d want people to have a few drinks and stay. Nice pale ales at my club are under £4, as are all the other beers/ciders, just no need to be charging more than that.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
But you will pay that for so called "craft" beer in many establishments.
Nope. A pint of any beer is expensive at £5 but I can understand the extra costs that craft breweries have as they don’t make the huge profits of mass producers. That and you find an expensive craft beer is expensive everywhere. You can get straight Guineas for more than £3 less than that is some places.

D-S

Visit site
If I’ve paid, let’s say, £150 pounds for a couple of rounds plus dinner b&b then the fact that beer is a pound or two over what I pay elsewhere is immaterial. I might overpay by a tenner or so for the beer 🤷‍♂️ - however had the beer been cheaper but the deal £10 more expensive I would never have known.
When you look at the prices abroad these days that sort of pricing is a bargain.