36 hole golf resort

thomasmark71

Visit site
looking for hotel with 2 times 18 hole courses onsite
anywhere england from manchester and below

ps…the last posts i posted got great respones and we used them and found some amazing new places ,,thanks

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I was going to ask when "hills" were going to be mentioned, but I thought that was unnecessarily cheeky! 😁

Carden Park isn't flat as I recall. I've only played the Nicklaus and it was worth the trip.

At the risk of possibly repeating the other threads.... St Mellion sounds ideal. Resort hotel. 2 courses. Nicklaus course is a tough test, The Kernow less so, but no push over.

And plenty of hills to climb!😁

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
St Mellion is my go to

If the hotel doesn't have to be on the same site, then stay in North Devon and get Saunton East and West and RND

The Fader

Visit site
I was going to ask when "hills" were going to be mentioned, but I thought that was unnecessarily cheeky! 😁

Carden Park isn't flat as I recall. I've only played the Nicklaus and it was worth the trip.

At the risk of possibly repeating the other threads.... St Mellion sounds ideal. Resort hotel. 2 courses. Nicklaus course is a tough test, The Kernow less so, but no push over.

And plenty of hills to climb!😁
I'm just coming to the end of a 2 week stay near St. Mellion. Not staying in hotel.

Courses in tremendous Nick (excuse the pun)

I never get tired of playing the Nicklaus no matter how badly it beats me up! The story goes that when Jack was first asked to design
the course he originally declined saying the terrain was too tough for golf. That tells you a lot. It's playable however if you're sensible!!

There genuinely isn't a bad hole on the course and several are absolute belters. Has it's own Amen corner - through 10,11&12

The Kernow course is shorter but has plenty of elevation, a stunning par 3 over water, a risk\reward drivable par 4 over water
and a few quirky holes. Only poor hole is 12th which unless you can carry your driver 250+ to the green
needs playing with 2 short irons.

If staying in hotel ask for golf view rooms!

Highly recommended. It's well worth the drive.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm just coming to the end of a 2 week stay near St. Mellion. Not staying in hotel.

Courses in tremendous Nick (excuse the pun)

I never get tired of playing the Nicklaus no matter how badly it beats me up! The story goes that when Jack was first asked to design
the course he originally declined saying the terrain was too tough for golf. That tells you a lot. It's playable however if you're sensible!!

There genuinely isn't a bad hole on the course and several are absolute belters. Has it's own Amen corner - through 10,11&12

The Kernow course is shorter but has plenty of elevation, a stunning par 3 over water, a risk\reward drivable par 4 over water
and a few quirky holes. Only poor hole is 12th which unless you can carry your driver 250+ to the green
needs playing with 2 short irons.

If staying in hotel ask for golf view rooms!

Highly recommended. It's well worth the drive.

Would also add the spa is very good, and the food is decent

thomasmark71

Visit site
just come back frommeast sussex national
would you say carden park / st mellion on par (sorry,) with quality of courses?
and i get told breadsall golf resort?

The Fader

Visit site
just come back frommeast sussex national
would you say carden park / st mellion on par (sorry,) with quality of courses?
and i get told breadsall golf resort?
Not played Sussex National but for my money St.Mellion tops Carden Park by a distance.

I'm probably biased but I can never understand why St. Mellion Nicklaus doesn't feature high up on the various Top 100 listings.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Personally I’d give golf resorts a miss (unless you enjoy 5hr rounds).
Book a travel lodge close enough to 2 good courses,with bars/restaurants close by.

D

Deleted member 15344

so we narrowed it down to carden park, breadsall, hill valley , portal and belton woods

opinions? ratings? overall experience?

Hill Valley the second course isn’t much

Belton Woods is ok as is Portal

Hawkstone is better than all of them

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
so we narrowed it down to carden park, breadsall, hill valley , portal and belton woods

opinions? ratings? overall experience?

We're at Hill Valley this weekend so I'll let you know Monday.

Played all over them apart from Portal, Breadsall was probably in last place for our group, few gimmicky holes from what i remember, Carden Park and Belton both good.