2024 Troon Open

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Met Office has it with wind gusts at approx. 25mph on each day. Maybe that's considered no wind in your part of the world?! :)
I'm just Doon frae Troon and local forecast is winds between 4 and 14 mph for the four days, final day being 10/14.
Last few days have been very calm and heavy air with a strange lack of midgiees

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When was the last open where the winds did get up? I think the last few have been largely benign, from memory.
Pretty horrendous for a couple of days last year wasn’t it? Seem to remember Harmon getting ahead fairly early and then nobody being able to catch him because of how bad the weather became?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pretty horrendous for a couple of days last year wasn’t it? Seem to remember Harmon getting ahead fairly early and then nobody being able to catch him because of how bad the weather became?
Genuinely can't remember 🤷‍♀️ . They normally make a big fuss of winds and I don't remember it recently. Happy to accept that is my memory now, very shoddy unfortunately.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Genuinely can't remember 🤷‍♀️ . They normally make a big fuss of winds and I don't remember it recently. Happy to accept that is my memory now, very shoddy unfortunately.
Ha ha, mine too. I just remember that he shot a good 1st and 2nd round, quite a way ahead, and then pretty much just clung onto that lead for the last couple of days when the weather turned.

HeftyHacker

Visit site

I was there on the Sunday and it was very wet but not windy at all.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just chucked my bets on - usually smattering of randomers with very little thought put in. 😂

Morikawa, Xander, Hatton, Lowry, T.Kim, Rai and Mansell.

Mansell is a long shot but I just saw him do an absolute stripe show on Tubes Golf Life, then he seemed to do something similar on the last day of the Scottish Open by the looks of it! He's clearly got some ability when he's on.