2024 Troon Open

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It had better be really windy or all those who say links golf is the only real test of golf will be upset when an under par score wins :ROFLMAO: ;)

D

Deleted member 29109

If it’s soft and the wind doesn’t blow, they will shoot well under par.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Met Office has it with wind gusts at approx. 25mph on each day. Maybe that's considered no wind in your part of the world?! :)
To be fair, if that was wind strength all of the time then it would be an issue. It looks more like 10-15mph winds and occasional 25mph gusts. That is not really a big deal. Not really (I'm genuinely not doing a macho golfer thing there but living in the NE, not that far from the coast, you become very aware of wind speeds and what will will and what will not impact). They can't have things perfect every time 🤷‍♀️ . Particularly when wind is so much of a courses defences.

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
To be fair, if that was wind strength all of the time then it would be an issue. It looks more like 10-15mph winds and occasional 25mph gusts. That is not really a big deal. Not really (I'm genuinely not doing a macho golfer thing there but living in the NE, not that far from the coast, you become very aware of wind speeds and what will will and what will not impact). They can't have things perfect every time 🤷‍♀️ . Particularly when wind is so much of a courses defences.
I play links in NE Scotland so know all about wind! I'd agree that it's not a big deal, but would also question whether it's considered no wind!!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I play links in NE Scotland so know all about wind! I'd agree that it's not a big deal, but would also question whether it's considered no wind!!
Oh, it's definitely there, just not a howler. It will take a few yards off if into, add a few yards on if behind. They will need to make subtle changes but they wont need to be taking 2 irons off the tee to keep the ball low. The winner of the tournament will not be down to the wind if it stays like that.