2024 Troon Open

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I got offered free tickets but decided to watch from home. Thanks for the offer though.🤣

I've got a Brian Harman signed pin flag here at home. Genuinely considering giving it a good wash to see if I can get his signature out - indeed, watching it go round and round in circles on a long cycle would be bit like watching Harman playing golf... 🤣

Bobthesock

Visit site
Harmon has much more chance than "Rory" of winning. If the course is softer than normal after a wet summer then probably Bryson.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
For those who've attended a practice day at the Open, how busy in general does it get?
I'm attending Wednesday & Thursday. So hoping Wednesday is a bit more relaxed and a good chance to see things and the course before the big crowd Thursday

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It should be a lot less busy and the players are certainly more relaxed. Some do stuff like practicing bunker shots at greens. The 8th would be good for that.

strum88

Visit site
For those who've attended a practice day at the Open, how busy in general does it get?
I'm attending Wednesday & Thursday. So hoping Wednesday is a bit more relaxed and a good chance to see things and the course before the big crowd Thursday
I went on Wednesday last year and would say it is busy, but you can still get around comfortably and not much wait if any for sitting in the grandstands. The popular players had big followings though so if there is anyone in particular you want to see, id get set up a few holes in front of where they are at so you get a good position as the crowd will soon pad out as they get nearer the hole you are at

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've got a Brian Harman signed pin flag here at home. Genuinely considering giving it a good wash to see if I can get his signature out - indeed, watching it go round and round in circles on a long cycle would be bit like watching Harman playing golf... 🤣
You mean like Faldo and Langer played.
You call it boring, I call it very skillful

BTW The rough at Royal Troon is hellish and the fairways are tight, going to be lots of lost balls and high scores.

Qbduncan

Medal Winner
Visit site

BTW The rough at Royal Troon is hellish and the fairways are tight, going to be lots of lost balls and high scores.
Would love to know the stats on lost balls at The Open. Can't be many lost balls with marshals everywhere and fans watching as well as treading down the rough.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

It’s the waggles and his bland personality, not to mention he kills animals for fun, and recently stated watching his daughter get her first kill (think she’s 7) was one of the proudest moments of his life.

One golfer I’ve zero interest in following next week.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I fancy Morikawa to do well, he's had some good form in the majors this season and he's generally pretty accurate. Just needs to have a good putting week.

If Harman is up there again I'll be switching off. Cannot stand to watch his 17 waggles and twitches anymore. I end up screaming at my TV.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I fancy Morikawa to do well, he's had some good form in the majors this season and he's generally pretty accurate. Just needs to have a good putting week.

If Harman is up there again I'll be switching off. Cannot stand to watch his 17 waggles and twitches anymore. I end up screaming at my TV.

Rory, Xander, Morikawa, Scheffler and Bryson are this years form guys when it comes to the Majors. All would be sound each way bets imho.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I saw him at the Scottish Open last year. Very tidy golfer and great to watch and learn from.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
It’s time for the best week in golf and one of my favourites sporting events

The Open

App is downloaded

Off Thur and Friday

Looking at the forecast ahead it’s going to be a bit damp but not too bad , winds look a decent strength

Think this will be the time we see someone with a nice low controlled ball flight to come through

From the Europeans - Fleetwood , Fitzpatrick ( not in great form ) and can see Hojgaard doing well