Tickets for royal troon open

HPIMG

Visit site
Think I’ll just park at my golf course 10 mins walk away I expect they will have marshals on but I’ll book a round and worst case I’ll get a £30 ticket

danoooo

Visit site
The surrounding areas of Glasgow are pretty well connected by trains, so you shouldn't have any issues getting there.

If you want to check just use Google to map the route.

fazza1970

Visit site
I have a pair of tickets for sale for both Tuesday and Wednesday practice days. I've had them up on the Open resale site for a couple of months, but no takers. Willing to sell at less than face value (which is £200 in total - ie £100 per day).
Despite it being HER friend who decided THREE MONTHS AGO to get married ON A WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON, I'm getting grief from my other half that I haven't sold them.

HPIMG

Visit site
What time do the players tee off at ? I’m not sure what time I should head down at. Also I’ve never been to watch a golf event, can you just walk the full course and follow players round the full 18 ?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What time do the players tee off at ? I’m not sure what time I should head down at. Also I’ve never been to watch a golf event, can you just walk the full course and follow players round the full 18 ?
It usually starts pretty early Possibly 6:30 ish? Edit Just checked last years first tee time was 6:35. You can walk the full 18 and follow a group round though with popular groups you may find there are big galleries and you may also miss the odd shot as you are directed a different way from the players. When I first went to Troon I took my son and we followed Els around . Unfortunately he did not actually see his ace at the postage stamp as he was too short.
Binoculars definitely recommended also radio or nowadays phone with earphones so you can hear the commentary from around the course.
If its a bit wet but not raining all the time a bit of plastic sheet or the like to sit on the ground without getting wet.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
FWIW, there are two ways to enjoy it - follow a group you like /stay on the tee/green and see groups going through. Or a bit of both 😎

On the day you’ll get a start sheet at the event/online, so you know the order of the groups and can move around to catch your favourite golfers.

I’d recommend getting to an area a few groups ahead of the one you’d like to see up close, so you have the time to shuffle in to the ropes. People leave all the time so moving in to a good spot is not a problem but requires a bit of time.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
FWIW, there are two ways to enjoy it - follow a group you like /stay on the tee/green and see groups going through. Or a bit of both 😎

On the day you’ll get a start sheet at the event/online, so you know the order of the groups and can move around to catch your favourite golfers.

I’d recommend getting to an area a few groups ahead of the one you’d like to see up close, so you have the time to shuffle in to the ropes. People leave all the time so moving in to a good spot is not a problem but requires a bit of time.
Also, personally I wouldn’t bother going too early, plenty of golf to see during the day and if you get there by 11am you’d still have a chance to see the very first group on the finishing holes.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Also, personally I wouldn’t bother going too early, plenty of golf to see during the day and if you get there by 11am you’d still have a chance to see the very first group on the finishing holes.
I'm the opposite, get there early before it is too busy.
Plus, tickets are so expensive you want to make the most of it.
If it a practice day, defo go early. The big names will be out early.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Just looked at the train timetable out of Glasgow - 05:40 is the earliest service to Troon - I think I'll still be savouring my Premier Inn bed at that point - but there are around 5 trains an hour as the demand increases - although I suspect it will still be a little busy trying to get on at peak times.

Morfeen75

Visit site
What do you mean are they going to turn the course into a car park ? I noticed they have closed lockgreen for the month of July
That is exactly what they do. The 1st and 18th run parallel to each other and back to the club house. They do use rubber protection (ooeer missus) that protects the fairways.