Scottish Golf Vouchers - what to do?

evemccc

Visit site
I won a SG Voucher earlier in the year in an Open comp, for use for ‘goods and or services’ from any Scottish pro shop — they have a validity until November and unfortunately I’ve been unable to use them on what I wanted: green fees

They have the SG and R&A seal on them and SG told me they could be used for lessons, GFs, products from the pro-shop ——however the places I wanted to use them told me they’re not accepted (here’s looking at you, St Andrews Links Trust and Royal Troon?) - but that’s their right I suppose..

I’ve decided to buy a 3W or 4W - pay for a fitting at Silvermere, and get it shipped from a Scottish pro shop..and obvs pay for the additional money on top of the voucher

I don’t really want to use an AG from Scotland (or anywhere) if there are decent pro-shops with good customer service I could be both supporting, and benefiting from

So, please recommend me a good pro / good pro shop in Scotland that stocks Ping 425

Thanks
P.S any forum members ever won and used a SG voucher for green fees ideally at open venues?

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Son in Law won one earlier this year, prize in an open while on a week away golfing, his was sent to his club who exchanged it for one of theirs, and they sorted out the SG claim, unfortunately that is no help to yourself.

peld

Visit site
won some vouchers for coming 3rd in an Open this year. Just used them at an American Golf for buying a Shotscope V3