2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
David Puig made it through to the US Open after qualifying yesterday - one of the few LIV guys to make it through via that route - quite a few of them surprisingly not even bothering to enter or proceed to qualifying.
Hope he does well - only a young kid - I expect Sergio will be showing him some Spanish love as they head to L.A.

Jaden Soong also missed out but props to him for having a crack at it, at just 13 years old - shot a still very respectable 7 over..

Fx6F6BaXoAI5e1w.png

D

Deleted member 1147

So they didn't even try to qualify for a major, that really shows ambition,
...and there was Phil telling us that LIV players had the best chance to win majors, as they play so little and prepare so long 🤡

Swango1980

Visit site
...and there was Phil telling us that LIV players had the best chance to win majors, as they play so little and prepare so long 🤡
In all fairness, they may already have signed up to their club's midweek stableford yesterday, and so couldn't make the qualifying event :)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Can you name me the top 3 finishers from the last 3 majors?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Let’s keep Liv stuff on the Liv thread please

Wouldn’t it be better to instruct people to keep their petty comments off the forum Phil.

If we can’t discuss Liv golfers making it through to majors on the professional golf thread, then the forum isn’t fit for purpose.

I appreciate this view might not be well received, but it mirrors the divide that exists in golf, that won’t go away unless people are prepared to make an effort.,

D

Deleted member 15344

a couple of under the radar events coming up this week

On the ET there is the Swedish Mixed , being played at a stunning looking club , was a hit last year and very much a popular winner in Grant who is back again along with some other very good ladies

And across the pond it’s the Canadian Open - last couple of years Rory has won to get his game and season back on track , seems a course he likes so hopefully we will see him use it as a good warm up for the Us Open

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
a couple of under the radar events coming up this week

On the ET there is the Swedish Mixed , being played at a stunning looking club , was a hit last year and very much a popular winner in Grant who is back again along with some other very good ladies

And across the pond it’s the Canadian Open - last couple of years Rory has won to get his game and season back on track , seems a course he likes so hopefully we will see him use it as a good warm up for the Us Open

I really hope so. Its rubbish seeing Rory fall away, I just want to see him win!

If he gets another Major I think we can all see him winning multiple more, just seems to lack some confidence at the moment.

We need him firing for Europe come September too!

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good to see fellow Northern Irelander Tom McKibbin win his maiden DP World Tour event. His approach shot on the 18th was a thing of beauty. Hopefully another little gem unearthed and he comes from the same club as Rory M; must be something in the water in Holywood, Co. Down!!
I see he changes his story on that though ! Commentators already calling it shot of the year. Interviewer opened in the same vein but McKibbin said it wasnt that terrific and probably just looked better on TV, and explained clearly why...but his team must have steered him to go with the flow, and it has since became a "one of the best shots I've ever hit" story. Learning to play the PR game !

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I see he changes his story on that though ! Commentators already calling it shot of the year. Interviewer opened in the same vein but McKibbin said it wasnt that terrific and probably just looked better on TV, and explained clearly why...but his team must have steered him to go with the flow, and it has since became a "one of the best shots I've ever hit" story. Learning to play the PR game !
Thankfully I can make my own mind up; was a thing of pure beauty - had to upscale it a little there.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It’s seems she went to Patrick Reed rules school
Not illegal I guess. Its from knee height. Or as near as dammit. Do the rules forbid you from crouching your knees to the ground and dropping it from 1mm ? Not sure, but think not.
So...abusing the rule...or intelligently and legitimately using her good knowledge of the rules ???

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not illegal I guess. Its from knee height. Or as near as dammit. Do the rules forbid you from crouching your knees to the ground and dropping it from 1mm ? Not sure, but think not.
So...abusing the rule...or intelligently and legitimately using her good knowledge of the rules ???
the rule states it is from knee height in a standing position not crouched over with the knees bent with your hand lower than your knees?

Status
Not open for further replies.