2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swango1980

Visit site
My word, you are the worst poster I’ve come across on here, by a mile 🙄🤣

Usual childish jibes and snide remarks attached to inaccurate and wholly false comments…aside from any ‘opinion’ about an issue, your comments are just factually wrong

The first three words of the article’s title is ‘Wells Fargo Championship’ and it then describes his round..

If you want a broadcaster that cheerleads for your hero, and reports on what he had for breakfast rather than actually reports on who the leader is then that says rather a lot about you.

I see the sub-editor has come in to work now, as the article is not now on the Sport homepage
Write to BBCs Points of View if you are that upset, if that is still a thing?

Personally, I have no interest in reading a bland, long winded article describing how players generally played in a round of golf. Especially Round 1. It is much easier finding the leaderboard and picking out the players of my choosing, out of 100+ players. Some sites even let you look at hole by hole scores.

Perhaps I might read an article of the tournament once it is over, and they will probably describe key moments and turning points.

But, if you genuinely want to read an article summarising Round 1, I am sure you can find it somewhere online. It just seems rather sad you need to spend all that effort in criticising the BBC for not giving you what you want. Mind you, had the article been centred around another player, I suspect you'd have not been to bothered. You just sound like one of those types who moans every time a player you don't like gets some attention. Much like the ones who complain when Woods gets most of the attention despite being a long way from the top.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So Rory has blamed mental and emotional wellbeing for pulling out of the tournament, one of those excuses you can’t really push back against for fear of reprisal 👀
Its code for "I spent three weeks sulking because I didnt win the Masters".

Did Hogan, Palmer, Watson, etc ever act like that ?

D

Deleted member 15344

How pathetic is the BBC these days?!

I am not old - but can well remember when it broadcast and reported on the results and the outcome of sporting events…now it’s purely there to cheerlead and to try and influence opinion

In their ‘report’ on Quail Hollow, the article only refers to McIlroy, who is currently T16….not to the leader (Fleetwood, an Englishman) or those challenging for the lead —- seemingly according to them, if it’s not about Woods, it’s about Rory…and if it’s not about either, then it may as well not have happened

Utterly pathetic for a national broadcaster that claims to be neutral

Where you just looking to be offended ?

You have posted about golf on BBC before so why are you using them as a reference source ?

But just to help - the article was done after Rory had finished his round and was more aimed towards the golfer after returning. The article was also done whilst Fleetwood was still on the course hence why it said

“Kevin Streelman, Kyoung-Hoon Lee and Taylor Moore fired 66s to share the early lead.”

It’s clearly an article about Rory return and how he did.

I guess if you wait until after breakfast then you can see the early morning article

Last edited by a moderator:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

I am not old - but can well remember when it broadcast and reported on the results and the outcome of sporting events…now it’s purely there to cheerlead and to try and influence opinion

In their ‘report’ on Quail Hollow, the article only refers to McIlroy, who is currently T16….not to the leader (Fleetwood, an Englishman) or those challenging for the lead —- seemingly according to them, if it’s not about Woods, it’s about Rory…and if it’s not about either, then it may as well not have happened

Only thing I use the BBC for now is checking the weather and footy scores on my laptop buddy.

I don't pay for a TV licence, so thankfully I don't have any remorse that I'm keeping Jeremy Vine and Lineker in the lifestyles to which they have become accustomed....

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've always thought the BBC Golf site has had an unhealthy obsession with McIlroy but looking at today's front page it looks surprisingly balanced.

D

Deleted member 1147

There is an article on the Beeb website now.
May be they just waited for the first round to be over?

You can all untwist your knickers now :rolleyes:

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

Did you not bother with the first sentence. Yes, they did talk about Rory alot, too much for me also to be honest. But he is the storey at the moment, its how all news operators work.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Its code for "I spent three weeks sulking because I didnt win the Masters".

Did Hogan, Palmer, Watson, etc ever act like that ?
As someone who suffers with metal health issues I suggest you think before you spout such bullshit.

Maybe the older generation did suffer but kept it hidden as it has always be a taboo subject, even more so when a male suffers with it

cleveland52

Visit site
How is Adrian Otaegi playing here, I thought he was signed to LIV..?? Has he renounced the devil?
I was wondering the same thing....did he pay the fine? Was he allowed to play LIV events?

Any clarification on why he's allowed to play DPWT events would be appreciated.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing....did he pay the fine? Was he allowed to play LIV events?

Any clarification on why he's allowed to play DPWT events would be appreciated.

Nobody is banned from playing DPWT events. Several guys that have played on LIV are now competing on the DPWT. Larazzabal is another.
They can be fined for playing on conflicting events, which is what is at the root of the recent resignations.

Status
Not open for further replies.