2022 World Cup.

Swango1980

Visit site
Just to show that England footballers can be nice guys too :)

Must be fake news. After all, if you listen to many of the educated, objective views in these forums, footballers are highly paid morons, who could never be considered role models, or decent human beings in any way, shape or form.

Unless....some of these views are based on bias, and some of us normal people like to think of footballers as bad people, because it makes us feel better about our lives and the fact we are not earning millions and kicking a football about for a living. After all, we may not have the wealth or job satisfaction, we may not have many adoring fans, but at least we can label ourselves as better human beings :) . All while some of us spend a considerable amount of our times doing the honourable thing, and slagging off any famous person the moment the slightest opportunity presents itself :)

D

Deleted member 15344

Must be fake news. After all, if you listen to many of the educated, objective views in these forums, footballers are highly paid morons, who could never be considered role models, or decent human beings in any way, shape or form.

Unless....some of these views are based on bias, and some of us normal people like to think of footballers as bad people, because it makes us feel better about our lives and the fact we are not earning millions and kicking a football about for a living. After all, we may not have the wealth or job satisfaction, we may not have many adoring fans, but at least we can label ourselves as better human beings :) . All while some of us spend a considerable amount of our times doing the honourable thing, and slagging off any famous person the moment the slightest opportunity presents itself :)

Have I missed some posts where people have called them “highly paid morons who can’t be role models” ?‍♂️

As for bias - as previously asked - do you have big mirrors in your house ?‍♂️

I know you post some trash but that’s up there taking a big prize

Footballers are human beings - some will act poorly , it’s been seen enough times , look at some of their actions during lockdown - but that’s not unique to footballers , many other people act like idiots and are selfish in their attitude - that’s just being human and there will always be people that don’t act that way and are a bit more caring and considerate- again human nature not limited to footballers.

When people talk about footballers are role models I suspect most are looking at how they act when they are playing the sport as opposed to what they do off the field ( even if some do embaresses themselves)

Swango1980

Visit site
Have I missed some posts where people have called them “highly paid morons who can’t be role models” ?‍♂️

As for bias - as previously asked - do you have big mirrors in your house ?‍♂️

I know you post some trash but that’s up there taking a big prize

Footballers are human beings - some will act poorly , it’s been seen enough times , look at some of their actions during lockdown - but that’s not unique to footballers , many other people act like idiots and are selfish in their attitude - that’s just being human and there will always be people that don’t act that way and are a bit more caring and considerate- again human nature not limited to footballers.

When people talk about footballers are role models I suspect most are looking at how they act when they are playing the sport as opposed to what they do off the field ( even if some do embaresses themselves)
Funny it is you that has reacted to that. Guilty conscience? Feeling defensive?

D

Deleted member 18121

Can't believe what I'm hearing from the pundits at half time. The most stone wall penalty I've seen in yonks... 100% if that's a man utd player running through on goal in the prem then g Neville is baying for blood.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't believe what I'm hearing from the pundits at half time. The most stone wall penalty I've seen in yonks... 100% if that's a man utd player running through on goal in the prem then g Neville is baying for blood.
That means if the keeper dosnt get a touch on the ball all the striker has to do is run into him and it’s a penalty.
That’s never a penalty in a million years .
Peter Walton omg.

D

Deleted member 15344

That means if the keeper dosnt get a touch on the ball all the striker has to do is run into him and it’s a penalty.
That’s never a penalty in a million years .
Peter Walton omg.

It’s a clear penalty all day long , if the keeper doesn’t get the ball he takes the player out and then stops him from going on to score - I’m staggered that anyone can think it’s not a penalty

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s a clear penalty all day long , if the keeper doesn’t get the ball he takes the player out and then stops him from going on to score - I’m staggered that anyone can think it’s not a penalty
The keeper is standing still.
Striker runs into him .
Where is the keeper expected to go he has to try and save it.

D

Deleted member 15344

The keeper is standing still.
Striker runs into him .
Where is the keeper expected to go he has to try and save it.

How can he be standing still when he tried to get the ball ?‍♂️ - he didn’t get the ball and got the man instead

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

I didn't see it as the 'keeper taking the player out, the striker took himself out.
The 'keeper made no move towards the striker once the ball had been kicked, the striker ran into the 'keeper.
Never a penalty in my world.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Lee Dixon saying the keeper tried to win the ball.

What pearls of wisdom will we get next? Night follows day? The sun is warm?