2022 World Cup.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
now we’re talking, it’s own thread. ?

Maybe even the Scot’s or welsh might be able to join in ?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
England should win the thing, just like they should have won the Euros and the previous World Cup. But we have a rubbish manager, so hey ho, semi final and a complete balls up.

phillarrow

Visit site
I'm less happy with the draw than others.

I'm not sure it does teams good to have a very easy group and then a tough game in the last 16. Senegal or Netherlands won't be an easy match and we're unlikely to have needed to hit top form to get out of the group.

I fear an embarrassing exit in the first knockout round. ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
My Concern with the world up is having all those “ fans” in close proximity in one City. Mind if they kick off. Chop the hands off the first one just to send a message. ?

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I'm not sure it does teams good to have a very easy group and then a tough game in the last 16. Senegal or Netherlands won't be an easy match and we're unlikely to have needed to hit top form to get out of the group.

I absolutely don't agree. I'd rather we warmed up in the early stages and have no doubt about qualifying out of the group, Senegal or the Netherlands aren't better than us and, anyway in the last 16 results can go either way on the day. We also have an advantage of our best players being much fresher and hopefully not carrying too many injuries than they would normally be having when the tournament is played at the end of the season.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My Concern with the world up is having all those “ fans” in close proximity in one City. Mind if they kick off. Chop the hands off the first one just to send a message. ?

Yes, this World Cup reminds me of the wonderful commercial enterprise opportunity that Manchester dreamed up by inviting non ticket holding Rangers 'fans' to town for a European final.

sunshine

Visit site

100% disagree with this.

Best option is an easy group so the team can cruise through without too much exertion or injuries. Tournament football is all about managing a lot of games in a short period and peaking at the right time. Fresh players for the knock out rounds is ideal, especially if the opponents have had tough matches.

I hope we win our first two games comfortably, so can rotate players and relax for the final group match against the European team.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
100% disagree with this.

Best option is an easy group so the team can cruise through without too much exertion or injuries. Tournament football is all about managing a lot of games in a short period and peaking at the right time. Fresh players for the knock out rounds is ideal, especially if the opponents have had tough matches.

I hope we win our first two games comfortably, so can rotate players and relax for the final group match against the European team.

I agree. The Dutch lost one and drew two in their group so hardly the team to fear they once was. Senegal may be harder after their African Cup exploits but we should have enough quality to beat either

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
If youve got any ambition what so ever then Netherlands and Senegal shouldnt even be on your radar.

Basically 4 warm up matches for the quarter finals... scrape through that and peak for semi finals. Then see who you get in the final and hope they are less lucky than you...