2020 Open Championship

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Think it's a great idea as the US has such a vast array of different climates they can hold events at times of the year other countries simply cannot, the masters could be played late on in the year aswell as it's pretty far down south and the weather will still be ok in September/October
Masters in November

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Definitely the right option I'd say. There just isn't the daylight later in the year. Will be interesting to see the field at Wentworth for the BMW, considering the US Open is to be the week after, with the RC straight after. I might even take my clubs in case there's a tee time going spare!

Also glad they've kept the current venue line up as I have Friday tickets. Not often you have something to look forward to 15+ months in advance, so that'll do me nicely!

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Does this mean Lowry can claim he retained his title?

?

Why he obviously can't, it will surely mean a boost in earnings for him as he can get all the goodies that come with being the Open Champion for another year - so long as we aren't in lock-down for a year!!

D

Deleted Member 1156

I think the Commonwealth Open would be more acceptable.

I like the idea of having a major in Australia. I would love a 5th major every year. Not right that 3 majors are in the US and the only other one is in the UK.
I agree but it's very hard to change tradition :confused:

2 in the US, the Open plus 1 in SA or Oz would be ideal.