2019 PGA Tour

D

Deleted member 16999

Sad to see that happen to Fowler, but would be pleased to see Grace win it, especially with Craig Connelly (Weeman) on his bag, Kaymer’s ex caddie.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Presumably he could also have replayed from the same spot of his previous shot. Looked easier to me than where he hit from in the end
Yes, and it certainly looked a better option. Only downside was that he had already played what he thought was a good shot that went through to the water!
On balance I agree it was a better option regardless of what actually happened.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I turned off briefly after the birdie on 10 when Fowler was 5 ahead, and have come back to this. Not good. Hope Rickie finds something and manages to pull it back. Big Randy will be loving this!

Visit site
It doesn’t stop it from being a stupid rule.

Got to agree with this.
They’ve changed the accidental moving of the ball on the green by replacing it, no penalty, yet he’s 10yds away looks back and his ball decides to do a runner.

Wolf

Visit site
He's got to Birdie either 15th or 17th to have a chance now,.to lose from a 4 shot lead would be awful and he needs to start closing out tournaments

D

Deleted member 1740

so how do you think the rule should be written?

In that particular instance it should be replaced as near as possible to original place his ball had been. It’s not the players fault it’s moved when nobody is near it.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
In that particular instance it should be replaced as near as possible to original place his ball had been. It’s not the players fault it’s moved when nobody is near it.
I am afraid you can't write the rules for a specific incident.

The rules basically state that you play you ball from where it finally comes to rest.

How would you change the rule?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am afraid you can't write the rules for a specific incident.

The rules basically state that you play you ball from where it finally comes to rest.

How would you change the rule?

If the slope had been downhill and he left it and the ball rolls in hole would it then be holed?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

No it shouldn't, in the same way as if he hit it there from the fairway and it came to rest there, he walked up and while wandering around like he was assessing his next shot it then rolled into the water, tough luck.